    double-disc movie - "Shackleton", about a year ago - but that was
    treated as two seperate rentals, even though the movie itself was
    spread across both discs.

    Tranquility Base, May 27, 2004

  2. Tranquility Base

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << When did this policy take effect? It's been a while since I rented a
    double-disc movie - "Shackleton", about a year ago - but that was
    treated as two seperate rentals, even though the movie itself was
    spread across both discs. >><BR><BR>

    I'm not sure this is something new -- more likely just a hit-and-miss policy on
    movies that actually spread out over two movies. I got both halves of "Pearl
    Harbor" together when I rented that two or three years ago.

    SoHillsGuy, May 27, 2004

  3. Tranquility Base

    Bratboy Guest

    "SoHillsGuy" <> wrote in message
    > << When did this policy take effect? It's been a while since I rented a
    > double-disc movie - "Shackleton", about a year ago - but that was
    > treated as two seperate rentals, even though the movie itself was
    > spread across both discs. >><BR><BR>
    >

    > I'm not sure this is something new -- more likely just a hit-and-miss
    > policy on
    > movies that actually spread out over two movies. I got both halves of
    > "Pearl
    > Harbor" together when I rented that two or three years ago.

    Hummm, at one time they set you both discs in a set then a few yrs back they
    changed and you had to check out each disc sepratly. If they have changed
    back to sending/counting a 2 dcd set as a single rental Im glad to hear it.

    Bratboy, May 27, 2004
  4. Tranquility Base

    Matt Fuerst Guest

    Wyatt Earp is actually one movie spread out on 2 discs. It's like a flipper
    but on 2 discs instead of on one disc. (It's in my Queue as Very Long Wait,
    bummer!)

    Netflix is the same as it always way, seperating out the special features
    disc from the "content" disc.

    Matt
    www.jackasscritics.com

    Matt Fuerst, May 27, 2004
  5. Tranquility Base

    Jim Mc Guest

    Tranquility Base <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I just got an email notification from Netflix that "Wyatt Earp:
    > Special Edition" has been shipped to me - both discs! And it's not
    > counting as two seperate rentals, as I already have two others out
    > (standard, 3-out plan). A peek at my queue on the website verifies
    > this. I didn't ask for both discs, and actually wasn't even aware that
    > this was a 2-disc set.
    >
    > When did this policy take effect? It's been a while since I rented a
    > double-disc movie - "Shackleton", about a year ago - but that was
    > treated as two seperate rentals, even though the movie itself was
    > spread across both discs.

    Recently I had a similar situation with Gangs Of New York. They sent
    both discs to me, even though I had two others out. I am also using
    the standard 3 out plan.

    When I returned one of my other discs, the second disc of Gangs Of New
    York took up one of my 3 slots, and I was not allowed to have another
    rental until I returned something.

    Jim Mc, May 27, 2004
  6. On 27 May 2004 10:10:05 -0700, (Jim Mc) wrote:

    >Recently I had a similar situation with Gangs Of New York. They sent
    >both discs to me, even though I had two others out. I am also using
    >the standard 3 out plan.
    >
    >When I returned one of my other discs, the second disc of Gangs Of New
    >York took up one of my 3 slots, and I was not allowed to have another
    >rental until I returned something.

    I was wondering if that would happen to me. However, upon Netflix
    receiving my last disc - which happned after "Wyatt Earp" was sent out
    - another disc was mailed out to me. So I still have four total discs
    out. I hope this is the way they intend to do it from now on.

    Tranquility Base, May 29, 2004