    Thanks,

    Mark J. Finegold
    Detroit, Michigan

    Mark J. Finegold, Oct 14, 2003

  2. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 04:35:25 GMT, Mark J. Finegold <> wrote:

    >I accidentally returned a Netflix disc without first inserting it into
    >the barcoded sleeve. The sleeve totally slipped my mind and I just
    >slid the "bare" disc into the red envelope and fired it off. Netflix
    >won't know who returned it when it arrives in Lansing, MI.
    >
    >Because I'm still in the 14-day free trial, I'm not sure what to
    >expect. Am I screwed? Will they charge my credit card eventually,
    >because they won't know it was me who returned the disc? I have
    >advised customer service by e-mail, but no response yet.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Mark J. Finegold
    >Detroit, Michigan

    This happened to me once and it worked out fine. They received the disc and matched it up with my email to
    them. Hope it works for you too.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 14, 2003

  3. >This happened to me once and it worked out fine. They received the disc and matched it up with my email to
    >them. Hope it works for you too.
    >
    > SpeedByrd PhD

    Yes, customer service told me that they received the disc and logged
    it in properly. I also got the usual robotic e-mail saying they got
    it back. Given what must be a huge volume of discs, it seemed likely
    to me that they wouldn't match mine correctly, but they are really on
    the ball.

    Mark J. Finegold, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Mark J. Finegold

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Mark J. Finegold" <> wrote in message
    > >This happened to me once and it worked out fine. They received the

    disc and matched it up with my email to
    > >them. Hope it works for you too.
    > >
    > > SpeedByrd PhD

    > Yes, customer service told me that they received the disc and
    > logged it in properly. I also got the usual robotic e-mail saying
    > they got it back. Given what must be a huge volume of discs,
    > it seemed likely to me that they wouldn't match mine correctly,
    > but they are really on the ball.

    This seems to happen all the time. On the DVD sleeve it says: "If you
    lose a sleeve, return two DVDs in one sleeve."

    Scot Gardner, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Thus said "Scot Gardner" <>:
    >"Mark J. Finegold" <> wrote in message
    >> >This happened to me once and it worked out fine. They received the

    >disc and matched it up with my email to
    >> >them. Hope it works for you too.
    >> >
    >> > SpeedByrd PhD

    >> Yes, customer service told me that they received the disc and
    >> logged it in properly. I also got the usual robotic e-mail saying
    >> they got it back. Given what must be a huge volume of discs,
    >> it seemed likely to me that they wouldn't match mine correctly,
    >> but they are really on the ball.

    >This seems to happen all the time. On the DVD sleeve it says: "If you
    >lose a sleeve, return two DVDs in one sleeve."

    I believe that the bar-code on the return envelope contains subscriber
    identification information, so they can tell who mailed it even if
    there's no sleeve.

    Marc VanHeyningen, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Mark J. Finegold

    matchamom Guest

    I just did this yesterday, how long did it take them to figure out the
    dvd was from you?

    I contacted their customer service via email just now after realizing
    I forgot the white envelope when I was putting another dvd away.

    I'm glad to see that they handled your account well.

    Lyndy

    matchamom, Oct 19, 2003
  7. Mark J. Finegold

    Skid Guest

    "matchamom" <> wrote in message
    > I just did this yesterday, how long did it take them to figure out the
    > dvd was from you?
    >
    > I contacted their customer service via email just now after realizing
    > I forgot the white envelope when I was putting another dvd away.
    >
    > I'm glad to see that they handled your account well.

    No need to worry. The return mailer is also bar-coded with the same info as
    the label with your address on it. They'll know who it came from without the
    inner sleeve -- which is mainly there to reduce scratching and to lower the
    odds that the disc will poke a hole in the seam of the mailing envelope.

    Skid, Oct 19, 2003
  8. Mark J. Finegold

    Tarkus Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:28:22 GMT, Skid wrote:

    > No need to worry. The return mailer is also bar-coded with the same info as
    > the label with your address on it. They'll know who it came from without the
    > inner sleeve -- which is mainly there to reduce scratching and to lower the
    > odds that the disc will poke a hole in the seam of the mailing envelope.

    Doesn't the inner envelope just get passed on to the next customer
    anyway, or is it really unique? I've always assumed that the outer
    envelope is where the customer info is, because often those inner
    envelopes are pretty worn.
    --
    "I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he
    see what I brung him!"

    Now playing: "Synergy - Warriors"

    Tarkus, Oct 19, 2003
  9. Mark J. Finegold

    Skid Guest

    "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:28:22 GMT, Skid wrote:
    >
    > > No need to worry. The return mailer is also bar-coded with the same info

    as
    > > the label with your address on it. They'll know who it came from without

    the
    > > inner sleeve -- which is mainly there to reduce scratching and to lower

    the
    > > odds that the disc will poke a hole in the seam of the mailing envelope.

    > Doesn't the inner envelope just get passed on to the next customer
    > anyway, or is it really unique? I've always assumed that the outer
    > envelope is where the customer info is, because often those inner
    > envelopes are pretty worn.

    I'm just a customer, too, so I don't know precisely how the system works. I
    think you're right in that the inner sleeve stays with the disc, but the bar
    code on it is scanned when it goes out.

    The database will link it to the customer info on the envelope, so with
    either the envelope or the sleeve Netflix should be able to find out who had
    it last.

    Skid, Oct 20, 2003
  10. Mark J. Finegold

    Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:56:59 GMT, Skid wrote:

    > I'm just a customer, too, so I don't know precisely how the system works. I
    > think you're right in that the inner sleeve stays with the disc, but the bar
    > code on it is scanned when it goes out.
    >
    > The database will link it to the customer info on the envelope, so with
    > either the envelope or the sleeve Netflix should be able to find out who had
    > it last.

    Okay, that makes sense.
    --
    "I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish!
    Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.

    Now playing: "Synergy - Slaughter on Tenth Avenue"

    Tarkus, Oct 20, 2003
  11. Mark J. Finegold

    matchamom Guest

    Just to let you know that the dvd got back to NetFlix before I got my
    response from them.

    So, it turned out ok, but they said to make sure to include the sleeve
    at all times otherwise they may not be able to credit it to my
    account.

    Lyndy

    matchamom, Nov 8, 2003