    flavour.. no polish (just what I was hoping for)
    in fact I even have to whip up a quick script for adding users because
    useradd is a all at once or not at all jobby :D

    Shane (aka froggy), Mar 17, 2005

  2. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:56:33 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

    > w00t I managed to install NetBSD
    > and in answer to a thread I posted on this morning.. I am now trying to
    > install a desktop :D
    > stupid thing though.. pkg_add is trying to use an IPv6 addy instead of
    > IPv4 no idea why yet.. or how to fix it
    > (Actually the install was a bit of an anti-climax boot off two floppies
    > and then download the tarballs from my internal FTP server)
    > but its a different story doing anything with it .. got quite a raw
    > flavour.. no polish (just what I was hoping for)
    > in fact I even have to whip up a quick script for adding users because
    > useradd is a all at once or not at all jobby :D

    and straight after I post I realise its just trying IPv6 first.. with IPv4
    tried shortly afterwards :\

    Shane (aka froggy), Mar 17, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "Shane (aka froggy)" <> wrote:

    >w00t I managed to install NetBSD
    >and in answer to a thread I posted on this morning.. I am now trying to
    >install a desktop :D

    Congratulations. I just never understood the derivation of "w00t".

    >in fact I even have to whip up a quick script for adding users because
    >useradd is a all at once or not at all jobby :D

    Do you have many users to add? For up to about a dozen, I just edit
    /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow, and create the home directories by hand. :)
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 18, 2005
  4. Shane (aka froggy)

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Mar 18, 2005