    thank you
    regards

    , May 12, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hai Guys,
    > I need a help from u guys.
    > Actually In my office we have a server which cannot be shared by other
    > systems.
    > I tried everything and cannot make it shared by other systems.
    > And finally i found out from Command window that netbios is disabled.
    > So i think only because of this Its not sharing.
    > So can anyone Please tell me how to enable the netbios.

    Network connections - tcpip - settings - advanced.
    Even if netbios isn't enabled, in a w2k/xp/2k3 environment, sharing should
    work over "native smb" on port 445.
    You have "file and print sharing" enabled?
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, May 12, 2006

  3. Guest

    and one more thning , I am using wondows 2000 as my OS
    thank you

    , May 12, 2006
  4. Guest

    Hello walter,
    I have tried all those things you said.
    Like checking hte netbios.
    Its already enabled. But still i cant correct it.
    Its still unsharable.
    Can u plz tell me is there any other way to do it.
    thank you,
    ragards

    , May 12, 2006
  5. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello walter,
    > I have tried all those things you said.
    > Like checking hte netbios.
    > Its already enabled. But still i cant correct it.
    > Its still unsharable.
    > Can u plz tell me is there any other way to do it.
    > thank you,
    > ragards

    You don't have a personal FW active on the machine do you?

    If you do have one active and you have not open the Windows networking
    ports on the PFW, then it's not going to be able to network.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 12, 2006
  6. wrote:

    > Hello walter,
    > I have tried all those things you said.
    > Like checking hte netbios.
    > Its already enabled. But still i cant correct it.
    > Its still unsharable.
    > Can u plz tell me is there any other way to do it.
    > thank you,
    > ragards

    You may try - from another box - to telnet to ports 137,138 and 445 on the
    server. That should give a clue. There is a difference between rejection
    (immediate negative response, means port is closed/no service running) and
    timing out after a while (port does not respond/is blocked, probably by
    a "firewall"). Any chance your server is on a separate subnet?
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, May 12, 2006