    with 2 years experience in Dallas area, and how much tax
    would be deducted?

    Any useful links you suggest?
    mark, Aug 24, 2004

  2. mark

    Guest Guest

    "mark" <> wrote in message
    news:c83301c489f9$21f93a20$...
    > I would appreciate it if someone would answer this
    > question. What's the average salary for a .NET developer
    > with 2 years experience in Dallas area,

    www.salary.com

    and how much tax
    > would be deducted?

    Depends on a number of variables ranging from your tax bracket to your
    deductions. Also, taxes paid by a independent contractor vs. salaried
    employee are two different things. As a contractor, you would generally pay
    more taxes. Ask an accountant.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004

  3. >As a contractor, you would generally pay
    >more taxes. Ask an accountant.

    which can be offset against expenditures

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Try looking it up on salary.com

    Curtis Coleman, Aug 24, 2004
  5. mark

    mark Guest

    Thanks. I am aware of salary.com but I didn't think they
    are accurate enough.

    mark, Aug 24, 2004
  6. mark

    Guest Guest

    If you are trying to put together a budget and wondering how much you would
    earn as a developer in Dallas, the answer is anywhere from $40k - $80k for
    salaried employees. Contractors may earn perhaps 25% more when they are
    working and $0 between gigs. It's a total crapshoot.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004