net slowdown

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by trout, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. trout

    trout Guest

    ian wrote:

    > Im running windows xp pro,zoom external v92 modem, through a high
    > speed serial card.
    > My surfing speed is what you could call erratic.Initially page loads
    > are fairly quick,but then slow down and finally stop.
    > I have to disconnect and then redial, or sometimes restart to
    > resume,any ideas?

    Do you clean up your Temporary Internet files fairly often?
    I'd also check to see if you've any spying 'browser add-ons' that are
    busy calling home to chat about your surfing habits:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    <http://security.kolla.de/>

    Ad-Aware
    <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>
    --
    "A couple of thoughts."

    trout, Oct 20, 2003

  2. trout

    Greg M Guest

    Fix your clock and post back.

    Greg M, Oct 21, 2003

  3. trout

    Jerry G. Guest

    Your clock and date are off, or your timezone set-up is not correct.

    This can be net congestion, or your ISP's server is slow, you may have some
    spyware, or some addware in your machine that is slowing things down. I have
    seen congestion slow down the fastest of connections.

    As your ISP for an opinion from their perspective.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Oct 21, 2003
  4. trout

    Ralph Mann Guest

    ian said:

    > thanks Ive run adqware etc ,but I will check with the isp they dont seenm
    > to be the most clued up bunch.

    Check your clock before you contact your ISP, double click the icon in the
    systray and check the time/timezone.
    You are out by about 23 hours.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 21, 2003
  5. trout

    Patrick Guest

    Hope you don't mind me mentionig it but,
    It says here that you sent your reply on 20/10/2003 22:35, to OP's post of
    21/10/2003 20:45

    Patrick, Oct 21, 2003
  6. trout

    Patrick Guest

    Sorry 'trout' but yours was the only post showing 20th so I thought it was
    your error !
    (aught to be shot these time-travellers) :)

    Patrick, Oct 21, 2003
  7. trout

    ian Guest

    "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message
    > ian said:
    >
    > > thanks Ive run adqware etc ,but I will check with the isp they dont

    seenm
    > > to be the most clued up bunch.

    > Check your clock before you contact your ISP, double click the icon in the
    > systray and check the time/timezone.
    > You are out by about 23 hours.
    >
    > > Ireguarly clean out the temp files etc, makes some difference
    > > "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > >> Your clock and date are off, or your timezone set-up is not correct.
    > >>
    > >> This can be net congestion, or your ISP's server is slow, you may have

    some
    > >> spyware, or some addware in your machine that is slowing things down. I

    have
    > >> seen congestion slow down the fastest of connections.
    > >>
    > >> As your ISP for an opinion from their perspective.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Greetings,
    > >>
    > >> Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    > >> =========================================
    > >> WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    > >> Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    > >> =========================================
    > >>

    > >> "ian" <> wrote in message
    > >> Im running windows xp pro,zoom external v92 modem, through a high speed
    > >> serial card.
    > >> My surfing speed is what you could call erratic.Initially page loads

    are
    > >> fairly quick,but then slow down and finally stop.
    > >> I have to disconnect and then redial, or sometimes restart to

    resume,any
    > >> ideas?

    ive corrected the date error things seem to be better,Ill see hgow it
    goes.thanks Ian

    ian, Oct 21, 2003
  8. trout

    lee Guest

    Boomer you a bit slow with that Timezone lecture R KID.

    ian, Oct 21, 2003
  10. trout

    ian Guest

    ian, Oct 22, 2003
  11. trout

    ian Guest

    "ian" <> wrote in message

    > "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message
    > > ian said:
    > >
    > > > thanks Ive run adqware etc ,but I will check with the isp they dont

    > seenm
    > > > to be the most clued up bunch.

    > > Check your clock before you contact your ISP, double click the icon in

    the
    > > systray and check the time/timezone.
    > > You are out by about 23 hours.
    > >
    > > > Ireguarly clean out the temp files etc, makes some difference
    > > > "Jerry G." <> wrote in message

    have
    > some

    > have

    speed

    > are

    > resume,any

    > ive corrected the date error things seem to be better,Ill see hgow it
    > goes.thanks Ian
    > >
    > >correcting the the time date as improved things,but not totally.Another

    fact is the does take time to disconnect when the net as slowed to a
    virtual...hardware my end?

    ian, Oct 22, 2003
  12. trout

    ian Guest

    could it be the modem drivers, that arent correct or corrupted.I can some
    times have for dial up an amazingly quick connection,tyhat just evaporates

    ian, Oct 22, 2003
  13. A friend of mine has the same prob with his W2000 Pc the connection is o.k

    michael davis, Oct 22, 2003