    experience with networking. Should I go out and buy the book, or should I
    wait until CompTIA announces the revised tests? Keep in mind that I'd
    probably be taking this test no later than June or July. Thanks!
    Patrick Michael, May 9, 2004

  2. Patrick Michael wrote:
    > A while back, I read that CompTIA was in the process of updating their Net+
    > tests. What is the latest news on this? I don't want to go out and buy an
    > outdated book and then be forced to take a test that covers stuff I am not
    > farmillar with.

    They've only just completed the "Critical Incident Study" (whatever that
    is) and have yet to formally announce *new* testing guidelines.

    Since it took 6+ months for A+ to go through its update process, it
    probably isn't unreasonable to infer that Network+ should proceed at
    about the same pace.

    Since you're looking to sit the exam in June/July I'd say you're safe in
    using CURRENT study guides, etc... to prepare for the exam.

    My current favorite is the Sybex Network+ Syudy Guide by David Groth.
    Make sure you get a current version of the book.

    The Exam Essentials by Tcat Houser is also an excellent text as well.

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+
    John P. Dearing, May 10, 2004

  3. "John P. Dearing" <> wrote in message
    > Patrick Michael wrote:
    > > A while back, I read that CompTIA was in the process of updating their

    Net+
    > > tests. What is the latest news on this? I don't want to go out and buy

    an
    > > outdated book and then be forced to take a test that covers stuff I am

    not
    > > farmillar with.

    > They've only just completed the "Critical Incident Study" (whatever that
    > is) and have yet to formally announce *new* testing guidelines.
    >
    > Since it took 6+ months for A+ to go through its update process, it
    > probably isn't unreasonable to infer that Network+ should proceed at
    > about the same pace.
    >
    > Since you're looking to sit the exam in June/July I'd say you're safe in
    > using CURRENT study guides, etc... to prepare for the exam.
    >
    > My current favorite is the Sybex Network+ Syudy Guide by David Groth.
    > Make sure you get a current version of the book.
    >
    > The Exam Essentials by Tcat Houser is also an excellent text as well.

    Thanks John. I picked up the msot recent edition of Sybex's study guide
    today. Net+ looks a lot easier than A+.
    Patrick Michael, May 10, 2004
  4. Patrick Michael

    Techie Guest

    until you write it

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, May 10, 2004
  5. "Techie" <> wrote in message
    > until you write it

    Perhaps, but based on the practice exams I've looked at, I don't think this
    should take any more than a week or two to prepare for. It took me damn
    near 3 months to get ready for A+. Of course, I have a lot more experience
    with networking then I did with buliding computers.
    Patrick Michael, May 10, 2004
  6. Patrick Michael

    Techie Guest

    good luck I wrote it hung over and still passed but I have 10 years
    experience in networks

    Techie, May 11, 2004