    Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature, however,
    on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed on
    computerB.

    Malvin, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Malvin

    Muppet Guest

    "Malvin" <> wrote in message
    news:cq2cbr$ql7$...
    > Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
    > however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
    > on computerB.

    You have a firewall on computer B.

    Muppet, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Malvin

    Dataspider Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:01:20 -0000, "Muppet" <> wrote:

    >"Malvin" <> wrote in message
    >> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
    >> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
    >> on computerB.
    >>

    >You have a firewall on computer B.

    or lack of service for messenger.

    Dataspider, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Malvin

    Conor Guest

    In article Malvin says...
    > Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature, however,
    > on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed on
    > computerB.

    Messenger service is disabled by default with Service Pack 2.

    --
    Conor

    A man alone in the forest is talking to himself and no women around to
    hear him. Is he still wrong?

    Conor, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    "Muppet" <> wrote in message

    > "Malvin" <> wrote in message
    >> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
    >> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
    >> on computerB.
    >>

    > You have a firewall on computer B.

    Okay, checked windows firewall and have now turned it off. Also made sure
    computerA is also turned off, which is already.

    Tried again, and still the same thing.

    The only firewall I have is on the NetGear DG834G.

    Malvin, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    "Dataspider" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:01:20 -0000, "Muppet" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Malvin" <> wrote in message
    >>> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
    >>> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is
    >>> displayed
    >>> on computerB.
    >>>

    >>You have a firewall on computer B.
    >>

    > or lack of service for messenger.

    I have enabled on both machine messenger.

    What other service is lacking for messenger?

    Malvin, Dec 19, 2004
  7. Howdy!

    "Malvin" <> wrote in message

    > "Dataspider" <> wrote in message

    > > or lack of service for messenger.
    > >

    > I have enabled on both machine messenger.
    >
    > What other service is lacking for messenger?

    Which Messenger? Windows Messenger? Or Messenger Service for
    Windows?

    Those are two different services, despite the VERY confusing
    similarity in names.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 19, 2004
  8. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Malvin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dataspider" <> wrote in message

    >> > or lack of service for messenger.
    >> >

    >> I have enabled on both machine messenger.
    >>
    >> What other service is lacking for messenger?

    > Which Messenger? Windows Messenger? Or Messenger Service for
    > Windows?
    >
    > Those are two different services, despite the VERY confusing
    > similarity in names.
    >
    > RwP

    Messenger Service for Windows (Did I not mention that already?)

    Malvin, Dec 19, 2004
  9. Howdy!

    Not explicitly, no. What you said was:

    > >> I have enabled on both machine messenger.

    which could have been either. But you got the right one.

    Past that, it'll be firewall or not using the right machine name /
    user name.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 20, 2004