.NET Opportunity #2

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Mark D Shaffer, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Date: July 21, 2003

    Job Title: Application Developer

    Location: Louisville, KY

    Career Level: N/A -- Temporary

    SUMMARY:

    The candidate will be responsible for application development, maintenance,
    and support for BeneCalc systems.

    Communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) also play an important
    part of this job. The candidate must be able to clearly understand and
    define technical issues with end users, system support staff, and other
    developers.

    RESPONSIBILITIES:

    " Work with business and systems teams in support of business goals to
    develop solutions using Visual Basic 6, ActiveX, COM, .NET and other
    technologies
    " Provide the same high level of expertise and enthusiasm in all development
    efforts regardless of the solution's programming language (Visual Basic 6 or
    C#) or its development platform (COM or .Net Framework).
    " Contribute to high levels of customer service by performing second-level
    support, isolating cause of problem/concern and resolving most issues
    independently
    " Must function effectively within a team environment.

    QUALIFICATIONS:

    " Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology degree is
    preferred
    " Minimum of three years of experience with GUI and general applications
    development
    " Minimum of three years of experience in COM and ActiveX programming
    environment with Visual Basic 6.0
    " Minimum of one year of experience in .Net Framework programming using
    Visual Studio .Net
    " Experience with Infragistics controls is a plus
    " Experience with T-SQL required, Sybase is a plus
    " Experience with C# is preferred
    " Experience with ActiveReports for .NET a plus
    " Good communication, customer service, research, organization,
    decision-making, listening and detail-oriented analytical skills

    Stephen B. Raso
    Technical Recruiter
    Technology Consulting, Inc.
    800.829.4824 ext. 720
    www.tcipro.com

    Mark D Shaffer, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Mark D Shaffer

    Fluker Guest

    Hey Mark,

    Are these real openings or just another attempt
    to show skills shortage and demand for H1Bs!!

    No I am not interested, just wanted to be sure
    if openings are improving.

    Fluker, Nov 21, 2003