    Anyone able to offer views on which of these would be best to install on my
    son's PC. Perhaps another program is better.

    Thanks

    buffy, Oct 21, 2003

  2. buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    What's wrong with parental supervision?

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:26:42 +0100, in
    <bn3qgc$qeo$>
    buffy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003

  3. buffy

    buffy Guest

    With the best will in the world mike you cant be there all the time. Are
    these programs effective??

    buffy, Oct 21, 2003
  4. buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    That depends on the age of your son. You can bet your
    life that a determined kid will get around any nanny software,
    if they have a mind to.

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:38:44 +0100, in
    <bn3qv8$7cc$>
    buffy scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003
  5. buffy

    buffy Guest

    Thanks for your advice. At present he's nine and not quite at that stage of
    getting round software so I rekon it'd be a good idea. Are there any other
    progs about? which of these two have you heard are most effective?

    buffy, Oct 21, 2003
  6. buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    A nine year old should not have unsupervised access to
    the web, in my opinion. If you can't be there, remove
    the modem. No matter what software option you go for,
    you CANNOT be guaranteed that your son will not come
    across unsuitable content.

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:44:53 +0100, in
    <bn3rcv$m6j$>
    buffy scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003
  7. buffy

    Boomer Guest

    buffy, <> wrote:

    > Thanks for your advice. At present he's nine and not quite at
    > that stage of getting round software so I rekon it'd be a good
    > idea. Are there any other progs about? which of these two have
    > you heard are most effective?

    I surf right next to teenagers and pre-teens. :)
    I get to know more about them and their surfing habits and what they
    like. :)

    I'm the cyper patroler. ;o)

    Boomer, Oct 21, 2003
  8. buffy

    Harrison Guest

    Buffy,
    Here is a review of some popular programs.
    http://www.freeinternetfilterreview.com/

    Harrison, Oct 21, 2003
  9. buffy

    anthonyberet Guest

    buffy wrote:
    > Anyone able to offer views on which of these would be best to install
    > on my son's PC. Perhaps another program is better.

    There is no alternative to parental supervision.
    I strongly advise against allowing a child to use the net alone, even with
    blocking software.
    bounce.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Oct 21, 2003