.NET in Mainframes ??????

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?bWFr?=, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Can .NET technology be used in programming IBM mainframes.give me
    something in detail about it.
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFr?=, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Officially, yes! .Net technology can be used to program IBM mainframes.
    However, in order for this to work you will need to have the CLR ported to
    the IBM OS. I'm not sure if this has been done yet. If it has, then you
    just load the framework onto the server and program away. The fact that .Net
    is an interpreted language (yes I said interpreted) lets you create the code
    and the framework is responsible for making it work :)

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVlbGFuZCBDbGF5?=, Mar 15, 2006