    I have an old PC that runs Microsoft 3.0 version. Can a dialup Net service
    (Informantion Boulvard to be exact) be hooked up to that?

    Thank you for your time and advise in advance.
    ZuZu, Oct 12, 2003

  2. ZuZu

    Harrison Guest

    Why on earth would you want to even bother trying?
    It would be like taking a tricycle on the autobahn.

    Harrison, Oct 12, 2003

  3. ZuZu

    HamMan Guest

    > Why on earth would you want to even bother trying?
    > It would be like taking a tricycle on the autobahn.

    Painfully amusing?
    HamMan, Oct 12, 2003
  4. ZuZu

    ZuZu Guest

    Very very amusing !!!!! Or trying to tie the deck chairs down on the
    Titanic. But you answered my question completely and so quickly
    too!
    Thank you,HamMan! LU

    "HamMan"
    <>

    ZuZu, Oct 12, 2003
  5. ZuZu

    Hung Guest

    Yes, of course. back in 1995, I use a 486-33 computer with MS Windows
    3.1 and a 28.8 kbps to dial into my isp. I use the software Chameleon (I
    think). And we needed to write a strange script, enable tcp/ip, etc. Not
    so difficult.

    If your old pc is not so slow why don't you install windows 95b in it?
    Then easy to install the dial up networking etc.

    Hung

    Hung, Oct 13, 2003
  6. ZuZu

    Guest

    There may be drivers issues once installing Windows 95.
    Video and sound drivers that may not be available these days.

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:30:01 +0800, Hung <>
    wrote:

    >Yes, of course. back in 1995, I use a 486-33 computer with MS Windows
    >3.1 and a 28.8 kbps to dial into my isp. I use the software Chameleon (I
    >think). And we needed to write a strange script, enable tcp/ip, etc. Not
    >so difficult.
    >
    >If your old pc is not so slow why don't you install windows 95b in it?
    >Then easy to install the dial up networking etc.
    >
    >Hung
    >
    > > ZuZu wrote:
    >> I have an old PC that runs Microsoft 3.0 version. Can a dialup Net service
    >> (Informantion Boulvard to be exact) be hooked up to that?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your time and advise in advance.

    , Oct 13, 2003
  7. ZuZu

    Barry OGrady Guest

    >There may be drivers issues once installing Windows 95.
    >Video and sound drivers that may not be available these days.

    I have Windows 95b running on a 386SX/25 notebook with 4 megs RAM.
    It is connected to my network via a Xircom parallel port ethernet adapter.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Oct 14, 2003