    Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.

    Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

    Thanks for any help.

    Johnny8977, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Johnny8977

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Johnny8977 wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I
    > restart my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight
    > away - "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could
    > not be loaded".
    >
    > I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
    > Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
    >
    > Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    The install of the .Net Framework may be corrupted and may need to be
    un-installed and reinstalled. If you applied the XP SP2, did you do
    the .Net Framework SP1 which came after XP's SP2? I am not talking about
    the .Net Framework that was installed with XP's SP2. It was a separate
    critical .NET Framework SP1 install. That's if you applied SP2 to the
    machine.

    http://www.quickbooks.com/support/faqs/clm/333104.html

    The second issue it could be is that the .Net Developer is not aware of the
    issue and did not apply a workaround for the .Net Application.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;327434

    If you do reinstall the .Net Framework and apply all SP(s) for .Net and the
    problem continues, then you should notify the manufacturer of the .Net
    product/program solution as they may not be aware of the situation or there
    may be a workaround that can be implemented.

    Is it affecting anything else? The answer is NO. It's only affecting
    that .Net Solution and it may or may not be working properly.

    --
    Duane :)

    I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# $$,$$$,$$$,$$9.99

    Duane Arnold, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Johnny8977

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:20:07 +0100, Johnny8977 wrote:

    >Hi all.
    >
    >I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
    >my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
    >"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
    >loaded".
    >
    >I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
    >Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
    >
    >Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

    If it's looking for a .NET Framework DLL possibly v1.1 (by the path)
    maybe you don't have it installed, there is a problem reinstall it or
    apply the update.

    I can't remeber what version / SP it's at but it's in WIndows Update as
    an option or try

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/
    V2.0 is Beta and there is v1.1 further down the page.

    You can either use Windows updare as the text mentions, but if you want
    to d/l it for installation later use the Redistributable link, it's
    23MB.

    The page also has a note, how to tell if it's installed.

    Me

    why?, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Johnny8977

    Johnny8977 Guest

    Hi.

    I didn't have the .NET thing installed. Never realised and never have come
    across it before. Anyway, installed and everythings OK.

    Thanks for the help.

    Johnny8977, Sep 7, 2004