.net framework 3.0 for xp

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sir to you, May 20, 2007.

  1. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    I go to the MS download page to get this - hmm, the download is only
    about 2mb , thats great I can install on my 3 machines very easily .

    Install the first download, and it says it wants to download 54 mb of
    software. WTF?

    That sucks - I would like to download the 54mb file myself then copy
    manually to my other machines. THis is made worse by xtra whose
    substandard broadband offerings mean I have to count every bit
    downloaded (is this what broadband is about??)

    So, instead microsoft is intent on making me download 54 mb 3 times,
    once for each of my machines.

    Maybe these stupid yanks think that everyone has unlimited broadband?
    Once again, the americans don't understand another countries needs and
    requirements.

    I'm sure it must be possible to download the 54mb manually somehow -
    anybody know?

    Sir to you, May 20, 2007

  2. Sir to you

    El Chippy Guest

    El Chippy, May 20, 2007

  3. On 19 May 2007 20:26:44 -0700, Sir to you <> wrote in

    > I go to the MS download page to get this - hmm, the download is only
    > about 2mb , thats great I can install on my 3 machines very easily .
    >
    > Install the first download, and it says it wants to download 54 mb of
    > software. WTF?
    >
    > That sucks - I would like to download the 54mb file myself then copy
    > manually to my other machines. THis is made worse by xtra whose
    > substandard broadband offerings mean I have to count every bit
    > downloaded (is this what broadband is about??)
    >
    > So, instead microsoft is intent on making me download 54 mb 3 times,
    > once for each of my machines.
    >
    > Maybe these stupid yanks think that everyone has unlimited broadband?
    > Once again, the americans don't understand another countries needs and
    > requirements.

    Probably more like they believe that the untied states is the only country
    whose needs are to be catered for and the rest of the world can go suck a
    fat one if they don't fall into line. Remember the line "if you aren't
    with us, you are against us"?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 20, 2007
  4. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On May 20, 3:44 pm, El Chippy <>
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:26:44 -0700, Sir to you wrote:
    > > I'm sure it must be possible to download the 54mb manually somehow -
    > > anybody know?

    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb264589.aspx

    Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
    center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

    Cheers.

    Sir to you, May 20, 2007
  5. Sir to you

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Sir to you <> wrote in news:1179640066.907497.204330
    @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
    > center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

    Next time try adding the phrase "Network Install" or "Administrator
    Install"
    That usually brings it up.

    I dislike those stub files also, so I run IPCop with update accelerator.
    http://www.advproxy.net/update-accelerator/

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 20, 2007
  6. Sir to you

    Justin Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Sir to you <> wrote in news:1179640066.907497.204330
    > @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
    >> center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

    > Next time try adding the phrase "Network Install" or "Administrator
    > Install"
    > That usually brings it up.
    >
    > I dislike those stub files also, so I run IPCop with update accelerator.
    > http://www.advproxy.net/update-accelerator/

    Ditto IPCop for me.

    I regularly bring client machines to rebuild here and got sick of
    busting my cap.

    So IPCop with Update Accelerator is saving me bucket loads of time and
    keeping bandwidth usage down. There are approximately 1.2Gig of Windows
    Updates now cached on my IPCop firewall.

    Makes for a zippy Windows Update.

    Cheers

    Justin

    Justin, May 21, 2007