NET framework 2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kineton1, Feb 16, 2008.

  1. kineton1

    kineton1 Guest

    Somehow my net framework 2 seems to be unworkable. I run both
    Paintdotnet and Sync Toy - or DID - but they both come up with a
    message about having a problem and need to close ( please send report
    to ...etc etc). Both of those programs need Net Fr2 to run. I have
    tried UNinstalling NET Fr 2 No Luck. I have tried simply reinstalling
    NET Fr 2 - again, No luck... I have tried quite radical Registry clean
    ups - No luck there. I have re registered various DLLs. All these
    attempts result in error messages. Also waiting to download a patch
    update for Net Fr2 and keep getting bugged about that from Microsoft.
    Again this won't work either.
    I have not tried just deleting NetFr2 files as I do not know which
    files to delete and anyway that does not solve the registry entries. I
    have an idea this was caused by trying to install IE 7. I am now back
    at IE6 after much aggravation in trying to restart the computer and
    rolling back.
    Now I am at wit's end and thinking about reinstalling the computer
    files I got when I bought the machine. Not happy about that prospect
    when I think about all the updates and programs installed in the last
    two years.. I am running XP with sp2 HP Media Center.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    kineton1, Feb 16, 2008

  2. kineton1

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "kineton1" <> wrote in message
    > Somehow my net framework 2 seems to be unworkable. I run both
    > Paintdotnet and Sync Toy - or DID - but they both come up with a
    > message about having a problem and need to close ( please send report
    > to ...etc etc).

    Why is that you consider that there is something wrong with the .Net
    Framework, because two .Net solutions/programs/applications are aborting?

    >Both of those programs need Net Fr2 to run. I have
    > tried UNinstalling NET Fr 2 No Luck. I have tried simply reinstalling
    > NET Fr 2 - again, No luck... I have tried quite radical Registry clean
    > ups - No luck there. I have re registered various DLLs. All these
    > attempts result in error messages. Also waiting to download a patch
    > update for Net Fr2 and keep getting bugged about that from Microsoft.
    > Again this won't work either.

    ..Net solutions in regard to .NET DLL(s) do not use the registry, nothing is
    ever registered with the registry. The registry is obsolete with .NET
    solutions.

    > I have not tried just deleting NetFr2 files as I do not know which
    > files to delete and anyway that does not solve the registry entries.

    Again, .Net solutions do not use the registry.

    > have an idea this was caused by trying to install IE 7. I am now back
    > at IE6 after much aggravation in trying to restart the computer and
    > rolling back.

    Nether one of the browsers have anything to do with the .Net Framework, as
    they are not .Net solutions.

    > Now I am at wit's end and thinking about reinstalling the computer
    > files I got when I bought the machine. Not happy about that prospect
    > when I think about all the updates and programs installed in the last
    > two years.. I am running XP with sp2 HP Media Center.
    > Thanks in advance for any help

    You're off in lest field with this. The error messages must have been
    recorded in the System or Application EventLog, which can be viewed off of
    Control Panel/Admin Tools/Events.

    What do the messages say concerning the applications?
    Mr. Arnold, Feb 16, 2008