    Thanks for any help. I've tried installing KB829019 from a clean boot and
    even after disabling my antivirus software. No luck.
    Joe

    Josef Gonko, Dec 17, 2005

  2. You need to remove any beta versions of the .NET Framework 2.0 and SDK
    currently installed on your PC before attempting to install on your PC. They
    cannot co-exist. You might also need to do a restart after removing them.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005

  3. Josef Gonko

    Josef Gonko Guest

    I tried that but still it didn't work

    So, I manually downloaded the netfx64.exe package and it told me that three
    "beta" components that were installed with Visual Studio 2005 (8.0.50215.44)
    needed to be removed.

    I removed those three and it ran just fine. All is well (so far). I've
    been trying (testing) my other installed apps and nothing seems to be
    broken.

    Thanks!
    Joe

    Josef Gonko, Dec 18, 2005