    It seems we are at a disadvantage for certification -
    especially if questions are geared towards a team based
    model that we may not have any basis for reference to.

    Steve, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Steve

    Jay Walters Guest

    Chill out man and drink some egg nog :)

    The exams aren't geared towards teams. I've taken all
    five exams and don't remember any thing about team
    questions.

    The best way to get a feel for the exams is to take one
    first.

    Jay Walters, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Take no notice. As long as your work experience is with n-tier
    developments, it won't matter to you. You may need to get more of an
    understanding about 'enterprise' development approaches for the 300
    exam, but really this just common sense and can be picked up from the
    msdn.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Steve

    Guest Guest

    When it comes time to take your exams, just don't mention that you work for
    a 2 man hack shack and no one will be the wiser. ;-)

    Guest, Dec 17, 2003
  5. 2 man hack shack? Heck, I've seen plenty of hack shacks with a lot more than
    that. I think they call them large corporations these days... ;-)

    --
    Leigh Kendall
    MCSD, MCDBA, MCT

    Leigh Kendall, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Steve

    Consultant Guest

    you mean in india?
    isnt't that a sweatshop? the first 12 hours of the day, they work for dell,
    the other 12 is spent making clothes for kathy lee-gifford

    Consultant, Dec 17, 2003
  7. LMAO-->

    Justin K. McDaniel, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Don't forget IBM, American Express, Time Warner and many many more "great"
    American corporations. Nothing like supporting your own ey?...

    Leigh Kendall, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Steve

    Consultant Guest

    and intel

    Consultant, Dec 18, 2003
  10. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Don't forget IBM, American Express, Time Warner and many many more "great"
    >American corporations. Nothing like supporting your own ey?...

    Let's hope they continue to get ripped off in the process...

    Kline Sphere, Dec 18, 2003
  11. Amen... it's got to back fire sooner or later. Look at Dell; they pulled
    their business line support back to the good 'ol USA from India. Too many
    complaints about users not being able to understand the CS reps. Hmmm... I
    wonder why.

    Leigh Kendall, Dec 18, 2003
  12. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Exactly.

    What gets me is that Bush does little about it. And when he does, he
    gets forced to stand down, look at the steel debacle!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 18, 2003
  13. Steve

    Guest Guest

    Sounds like free trade and the American dream to me ??

    Guest, Dec 19, 2003
  14. Free trade is one thing, disloyalty to the American worker is another.
    Believe me, I'm all for capitalism, but US companies SHOULD (by conscience)
    have loyalty to their own countrymen. That's what made this country what it
    is.

    Seems like today, that's all out the window. It's all about the bottomline
    and nothing else. Screw our workers. Would be nice to see some of the
    corporate "caring" from the 40's and 50's back. In my opinion, having a
    healthy bottomline is not healthy if you're workers aren't happy.

    Just my $.01...(I've outsource my thinking to India too. Allowed me to slash
    my .$02 in half...)

    Leigh

    Leigh Kendall, Dec 19, 2003
  15. You got it... Two things I wish he'd stand up for are protecting the borders
    with military and stopping the exodus of American jobs overseas...

    Perhaps he'll get serious about it after he wins his second term. Won't have
    to pander to anyone at that point.

    Leigh Kendall, Dec 19, 2003
  16. The idea is that you are an Enterprise level developer rather than a rogue.
    And, it is only partially applicable, as many rogues and mavericks do
    advanced coding. The team portion generally relates to SourceSafe (ie, it is
    a hint you might see some SS questions). Other than that, have a home brew
    and chill out. The exams are not that bad if you really know .NET.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 19, 2003
  17. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Excellently put across.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 19, 2003
  18. Steve

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Perhaps he'll get serious about it after he wins his second term. Won't have
    >to pander to anyone at that point.

    Nope, he'll be too busy working on his autobiography!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 19, 2003
  19. Steve

    Indian Guest

    Start spending your office time in coding/working rather
    than talking trash on newsgroup and you may get to keep
    your job.

    My Rs. 0.02

    Indian, Dec 21, 2003
  20. Steve

    Alistair Guest

    Not that I'm agreeing with the author in any way, shape or
    form (here in Australia we're being hurt by the Indian
    Outsourcing Phenomenon as much as anywhere else), but
    here's a different take on it from a recent Melbourne Age:

    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/08/1070732149636.
    html

    The most relevant sentence in the article is:
    "Of course, if the Indians serve up nothing more than a
    few terabytes of dysfunctional code, they'll all lose
    their contracts around April 2005..."

    Just HIS $0.02.

    Alistair, Dec 21, 2003