.NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Gagan, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. Gagan

    Gagan Guest

    Guys, I want to go for "Web Development" using .NET Technologies. I
    went to the Microsoft Website, The picture about the Certification
    paths' is unclear. I tried to read all the matter but ;)

    There are 4 possibilities as per what I understood.

    - MCTS
    - MCAD
    - MCPD
    - MCSD

    What I didn't understand is - The Start point and the END Point.
    What's the start / BASE of the .NET Cert. and the apex of .NET Cert. I
    mean what's the starting point .. MCTS or MCAD ? If someone could just
    give me a brief idea, like where to begin and where to end ? MCTS ? or
    MCAD ?

    http://img.microsoft.com/learning/images/certification/MSCtitles.gif

    There's also a confusion between .NET 1.0/1.1 and VS.NET 2005
    Technologies. The website says MCAD is for 1.0/1.1 and somewhere it
    says it's updated... It's all messed up there. I would love to hear
    any kind of suggestion from the guys, please suggest me accordingly -
    this will be probably my 1st Cert. course. Please advice me.

    Thank you
    Gagan, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Gagan

    Thor Guest

    ..NET 1.x: MCAD -> MCSD
    ..NET 2+: MCTS -> MCPD

    MCTS implies mastering a technology, MCPD implies that you can do the job, I
    think.
    53

    Thor, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Gagan