    concerning the extensibility and maintenability of the
    application.

    Any recommendations?
    Joe T., Dec 1, 2003

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/practices/type/Patterns/Enterprise/default.asp
    General Protection Fault, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Laurent Desmons, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Joe T.

    Benjamin Guest

    There is a good book called .NET Patterns by Christian Thilmany available on
    Amazon.com.
    Its a pretty good book. I have it..
    The MSDN Patterns and Practices section is also a fab resource and
    constantly updated .If you prefer books you can order the material in book
    form (although the online version and the PDF's are free)..

    cheers
    ben

    Benjamin, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Joe T.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I hesitate to look at the .NET PetShop application for
    >the following reason. In order to kick the crap out of
    >the J2EE PetShop application in terms of performance and
    >the amount of code needed, the developers largely blurred
    >the lines between what objects are business objects and
    >what objects belong to the data access tier.

    Glad to hear someone else thought that too.
    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Joe T.

    Relishguy Guest

    Check out:

    "Professional Design Patterns in VB.NET: Building Adaptable
    Applications"

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1861006985/002-0324640-7521664?v=glance

    I have read about half of it. A little wordy (like other books like
    this) but good overall.

    Regards..
    Relishguy, Dec 7, 2003