    it looks that lots of new technologies and certifications are coming up from
    Microsoft. Right now I am now that enthu as I used to 10 yrs back. but for
    the senior develoepr like me I have to learn all this to keep me alive.

    abcd, Jun 15, 2006

  2. abcd

    CaffieneRush Guest

    Re: .NET certification !

    The 2.0 certifications were only announced about 7 months ago, so why
    not take the 2.0 cert and upgrade to the 3.0 certs when they eventually
    come out?
    If the past is any guide to the future, MS *will* provide an upgrade
    path for 2.0 -> 3.0 certs.

    In my case, I'm just got my MCSD .Net (1.0/1.1) cert last Friday and am
    planning to take the 2 upgrade exams (70-553 and 70-554) later this
    year to upgrade the MCSD to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer.
    Without MCSD .Net, it would take 1 + 4 prerequisite exams to get MCPD
    EAD.
    Yes that's 3 less exams I need to take (provided I pass).

    So your efforts in getting a 2.0 cert is not going to be wasted when
    the 3.0 certs eventually arrives because you can always upgrade.

    Andy

    CaffieneRush, Jun 18, 2006

  3. abcd

    Guest

    Re: .NET certification !

    CaffieneRush wrote:
    > The 2.0 certifications were only announced about 7 months ago, so why
    > not take the 2.0 cert and upgrade to the 3.0 certs when they eventually
    > come out?
    > If the past is any guide to the future, MS *will* provide an upgrade
    > path for 2.0 -> 3.0 certs.
    >
    > In my case, I'm just got my MCSD .Net (1.0/1.1) cert last Friday and am
    > planning to take the 2 upgrade exams (70-553 and 70-554) later this
    > year to upgrade the MCSD to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer.
    > Without MCSD .Net, it would take 1 + 4 prerequisite exams to get MCPD
    > EAD.
    > Yes that's 3 less exams I need to take (provided I pass).
    >
    > So your efforts in getting a 2.0 cert is not going to be wasted when
    > the 3.0 certs eventually arrives because you can always upgrade.
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > abcd wrote:
    > > I am MCP in VB6, VC++, .NET 1.1 C# (exam 70-315)
    > >
    > > I am planning for .NET 2.0 certifications. Today I was reading about .NET
    > > framework 3.0 is lined up. So feeling if I should wait for .NET framework
    > > 3.0 or complete 2.0 certifications....
    > >
    > > it looks that lots of new technologies and certifications are coming up from
    > > Microsoft. Right now I am now that enthu as I used to 10 yrs back. but for
    > > the senior develoepr like me I have to learn all this to keep me alive.

    With .Net 3.0, from what I understand, the core parts of the .Net 2.0
    framework will be the same. So, I suspect that when the 3.0 exams come
    out then they will be for the WinFx specific features WCF, WF etc.

    Also, with Orcas coming out at the end of 2007 (currently) then I don't
    see any new exams appearing until early 2008.

    Neil

    , Jun 19, 2006