    Someone please clarify.

    Thanks,
    Sugar.

    Sugar, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Because CSC must to know the names of assemblies in which you put your code
    to mix all together.

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Joskovski, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Sugar

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Imagine this.
    a person who's been dedicatedly developing projects day after day... hell
    lot of assemblies right ? yeah now consider the java scenario you mentioned.
    would the complier go nuts trying to load and browse all assembiles plus you
    could have same object names with even same namespaces.. (no body's stopping
    you) so the complier would get confused on which one you are trying to refer
    to.

    plus in .net we have to concept of side by side assembilies. ie you can have
    multiple versions of the same assembly... so unless the program (your
    compiled) knows which one of the many its using it will go bonkers.

    thirdly what most people appreciate is a good IDE. the dev evnironment.
    every time i use and object or a class with '.' i expect intellisense to
    pick the details of that object. imagine that scenarios with dynamic
    assembly scan.

    maybe that is why java ide's are so good (pun un-intended)

    hope this answers the question
    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave