Net 4 U - NOT

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Chris, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Matthew Potts, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Chris

    sal Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:39:08 GMT, Chris <> wrote:

    >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3541048
    >
    >He doesn't look like a happy chappy in the pic - but then I bet his
    >customers arn't either....

    Wonder how many hosting and dial up customers they had, and where they
    will go now. Funny time for Telecom to cut them off.

    sal, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Chris

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Dec 24, 2003
  5. sal wrote:

    >>He doesn't look like a happy chappy in the pic - but then I bet his
    >>customers arn't either....

    > Wonder how many hosting and dial up customers they had, and where they
    > will go now. Funny time for Telecom to cut them off.

    You may recall that about this time last year telecom cut off access to xtra pop
    accounts for a lot of people. Perhaps this is going to be a continuing trend at
    telecom?

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Chris

    sal Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:22:50 +1300, Richard Malcolm-Smith
    <> wrote:

    >sal wrote:
    >
    >>>He doesn't look like a happy chappy in the pic - but then I bet his
    >>>customers arn't either....

    >> Wonder how many hosting and dial up customers they had, and where they
    >> will go now. Funny time for Telecom to cut them off.

    >You may recall that about this time last year telecom cut off access to xtra pop
    >accounts for a lot of people. Perhaps this is going to be a continuing trend at
    >telecom?

    Reminds me of scrooge, were he evicted people from their homes. A pity
    the media didn't pick this up, although I suspect much of the media
    has financial interests in Telecom.

    sal, Dec 25, 2003
  7. On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:19:41 +1300, sal wrote:

    > Reminds me of scrooge, were he evicted people from their homes. A pity
    > the media didn't pick this up, although I suspect much of the media has
    > financial interests in Telecom.

    Of course they do. It runs along these lines:

    "If you run these bad stories about us, we'll pull our advertising
    megabucks."

    Telecom has used that mallet to kill several stories, including TVNZ/TV3
    coverage of commerce commission rulings against them. The most blatent had
    both networks using the decision story as lead teaser for the 6pm news,
    only to have it not appear anywhere in the programs.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Chris

    sal Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:39:08 GMT, Chris <> wrote:

    >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3541048
    >
    >He doesn't look like a happy chappy in the pic - but then I bet his
    >customers arn't either....

    It appears Fast Access has taken over Net4u, however if you look up
    who Fast Access is, it's company director is the same as Net4u...

    sal, Dec 28, 2003