    Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Mar 3, 2008

  2. DemoDisk

    John Holmes Guest

    DemoDisk "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
    > years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
    > and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    >
    > Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
    > another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    > recover completely.
    >
    > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    >
    > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
    >
    > JPM

    Go here:
    http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/center_index.php?id=9

    --
    Your mother was a self-centred washroom attendant who befriended apes
    with a group of train spotters.

    John Holmes, Mar 3, 2008

  3. DemoDisk

    Mike Easter Guest

    DemoDisk wrote:

    > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    That sounds perfectly normal to me.

    > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    I'm not hearing anything that sounds like it would benefit from a
    support group, unless you mean someplace that you can gain a better
    understanding of the actual medical (and placement) condition/situation
    and how that relates to Pete's (and your) needs.

    It doesn't sound like you need 'support' for your sleep deprivation,
    exhaustion, or depression.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 3, 2008
  4. DemoDisk

    G. Morgan Guest

    DemoDisk wrote:

    >An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
    >years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
    >and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    >
    >Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
    >another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    >recover completely.
    >
    >The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    >before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    >way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    >
    >Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    >can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
    >
    >JPM

    news:/alt.support.anxiety.panic.moderated has some nice folks.

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

    G. Morgan, Mar 3, 2008
  5. "DemoDisk" <> wrote in

    > An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
    > years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
    > and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    >
    > Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
    > another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    > recover completely.
    >
    > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    >
    > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
    >
    > JPM

    In all seriousness, get a good night's sleep for yourself
    so you can be in shape to help others. At some point, it's
    all in God's hands and everything will work out exactly like
    it should. In any case, you must take care of yourself so
    that you will be in a position to help someone else when the
    time comes to pass. Don't take drugs, don't drink alcohol,
    and stay away from cigarettes. Prayer is a damn handy tool
    in times like these - both for you and for your loved ones.
    Good luck and best regards.

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    "It is of interest to note that while some dolphins
    are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty
    words used in correct context -- no human being
    has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
    -- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcmNaXmjvs

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 3, 2008
  6. DemoDisk

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:20:19 -0600, "DemoDisk" <>
    wrote:

    >An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
    >years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
    >and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    >
    >Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
    >another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    >recover completely.
    >
    >The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    >before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    >way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    >
    >Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    >can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
    >
    >JPM

    The hospital has all the resources you need. Ask a nurse for help.

    Lookout, Mar 3, 2008
  7. DemoDisk

    Guest

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote:

    >The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    >before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    >way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    (antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

    And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    for her.
    --

    "Its 'war on terror' NOT 'war on terrier' you dumb f*ck!!"
    http://tinyurl.com/2hdure

    , Mar 3, 2008
  8. DemoDisk

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:41:39 -0800, wrote:

    > "DemoDisk" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    >>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    >>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    >For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    >purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    >the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    >(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    >
    >And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    >in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    >for her.

    Prayer is a joke.

    Lookout, Mar 4, 2008
  9. DemoDisk

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:20:19 -0600, DemoDisk wrote:

    > An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
    > years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
    > and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    >
    > Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
    > another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    > recover completely.
    >
    > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    >
    > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    I'd recommend you just start drinking heavily, and those other problems
    will go away. Start with bourbon, and move up to tequila. Good luck!

    Dan C, Mar 4, 2008
  10. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:41:39 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > > "DemoDisk" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never

    faced
    > >>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out.

    I'm
    > >>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    > >For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    > >purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    > >the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    > >(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    > >
    > >And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    > >in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    > >for her.

    > Prayer is a joke.

    Oh, I get it! Haha! I was just wasting so much time....

    DemoDisk, Mar 4, 2008
  11. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:20:19 -0600, DemoDisk wrote:
    >
    > > An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over

    thirty
    > > years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not

    father
    > > and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
    > >
    > > Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now

    faces
    > > another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
    > > recover completely.
    > >
    > > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never

    faced
    > > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out.

    I'm
    > > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
    > >
    > > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online

    that
    > > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    > I'd recommend you just start drinking heavily, and those other

    problems
    > will go away. Start with bourbon, and move up to tequila. Good luck!

    Thanks, Dan. You're the itchy side of 24hs.hd's warm fuzzies, ain'tcha?

    DemoDisk, Mar 4, 2008
  12. DemoDisk

    Guest

    Lookout <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:41:39 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> "DemoDisk" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    >>>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    >>>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    >>For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    >>purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    >>the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    >>(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    >>
    >>And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    >>in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    >>for her.

    >Prayer is a joke.

    I knew you were going to comment, so had you in mind when I posted
    this.

    You could say this is the proof your looking for when it comes to
    prayer - It works. Not for me, But for my Mom and others who need it.
    --

    http://www.virtualvideomap.com/animals/045.jpg

    , Mar 4, 2008
  13. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in message

    > An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley.

    <snip>

    > Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    > can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    Thanks, Lookout, Morgan and Mike. I was desperate this afternoon, but
    things seem better tonight. Tuesday's just going to have to take care of
    itself.

    I explained my situation to the head nurse and she said, "Take some time
    for yourself. Let the professionals deal with it." I don't have to be
    there every time the doctors show up.

    I wanted to be Pete's advocate and relate how and when things happened,
    but I get nowhere with them. The nursing staff, though, they're really
    kind about everything. I don't know how they manage sometimes.

    So I give up; let go & let God. It must be hell for Pete, too -- he's
    out of his head now and says, "Let's go," and "Can you take me home?" A
    sad situation for someone who's worked so hard.

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Mar 4, 2008
  14. DemoDisk

    Mike Easter Guest

    DemoDisk wrote:

    > So I give up; let go & let God. It must be hell for Pete, too -- he's
    > out of his head now and says, "Let's go," and "Can you take me home?"
    > A sad situation for someone who's worked so hard.

    Sometimes the hospital environment makes older people 'out of their
    head'. You can't sleep normally in a hospital because of all of the
    stuff that is going on 24 hours a day, so you start getting (quality)
    sleep deprived. If they are medicating (wishfully) for sleep, then the
    old people get a little whacky from the meds, or whacky from the sleep
    deprivation *and* the meds. So, the meds make them a little crazier but
    don't help them get quality sleep.

    Also, if some old person is _currently_ 'disabled' by their condition,
    they become more disabled by how people are cared for in the hospital.
    The hospital environment isn't really geared for people to take care of
    themselves the way they've been taking care of themselves before they
    came into the hospital.

    So, if something goes wrong with you and you end up with people
    (ostensibly temporarily) taking care of you, then you /can't/ take care
    of yourself anymore -- the care is/becomes disabling.

    So, then the person who was taking care of themselves before becomes a
    'placement' problem -- where are we going to put this old person who
    can't take care of themselves, they can't stay in an acute care
    hospital.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 4, 2008
  15. DemoDisk

    elaich Guest

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in

    > The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
    > before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
    > way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

    Well, tough, dude. Me and my daughters had to do exactly the same thing
    when my wife was dying from cancer. It's what you signed on for.

    Get him into the hospital every chance you can, and let the professionals
    take care of him.

    elaich, Mar 4, 2008
  16. DemoDisk

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:02:38 -0600, "DemoDisk" <>
    wrote:

    >"Lookout" <> wrote in message

    >faced

    >I'm
    >> >
    >> >For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    >> >purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    >> >the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    >> >(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    >> >
    >> >And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    >> >in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    >> >for her.

    >> Prayer is a joke.

    >Oh, I get it! Haha! I was just wasting so much time....

    Until you prove there is a god prayer is useless.

    Lookout, Mar 4, 2008
  17. DemoDisk

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:07:20 -0800, wrote:

    > Lookout <> wrote:

    >>>For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
    >>>purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
    >>>the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
    >>>(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    >>>
    >>>And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
    >>>in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
    >>>for her.

    >>Prayer is a joke.

    >I knew you were going to comment, so had you in mind when I posted
    >this.
    >
    >You could say this is the proof your looking for when it comes to
    >prayer - It works. Not for me, But for my Mom and others who need it.

    A positive attitude is very important in life in general. Some confuse
    the two. I haven't prayed in 38 years including when I was told I
    would within two years. 12 years later I'm doing great and I'm told by
    the transplant psychologist that a big part of it is my positive
    attitude.

    Lookout, Mar 4, 2008
  18. DemoDisk

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:31:13 -0600, "DemoDisk" <>
    wrote:

    >"DemoDisk" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley.

    ><snip>
    >
    >> Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
    >> can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

    >Thanks, Lookout, Morgan and Mike. I was desperate this afternoon, but
    >things seem better tonight. Tuesday's just going to have to take care of
    >itself.
    >
    >I explained my situation to the head nurse and she said, "Take some time
    >for yourself. Let the professionals deal with it." I don't have to be
    >there every time the doctors show up.
    >
    >I wanted to be Pete's advocate and relate how and when things happened,
    >but I get nowhere with them. The nursing staff, though, they're really
    >kind about everything. I don't know how they manage sometimes.
    >
    >So I give up; let go & let God. It must be hell for Pete, too -- he's
    >out of his head now and says, "Let's go," and "Can you take me home?" A
    >sad situation for someone who's worked so hard.
    >
    >JPM

    At the hospital ask to see the pastor or the Social Services
    representative. They can point you to professionals who can help
    family members like you.

    Lookout, Mar 4, 2008
  19. DemoDisk

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:35:04 -0600, Lookout wrote:

    > A positive attitude is very important in life in general. Some confuse
    > the two. I haven't prayed in 38 years including when I was told I
    > would within two years. 12 years later I'm doing great and I'm told by
    > the transplant psychologist that a big part of it is my positive
    > attitude.

    The "transplant psychologist"?

    Did you have a brain transplant? That would explain why you're somewhat
    of a "whack-job", I guess. Couple of connections didn't get made quite
    right.

    Or did you just have a slip of the tongue, and confused your organ
    transplant doctor with your twice-weekly "shrink" visits?

    Please provide some PROOF that you have a positive attitude.

    Dan C, Mar 4, 2008
  20. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:02:38 -0600, "DemoDisk" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Lookout" <> wrote in message

    > >faced

    > >I'm

    (in

    dim

    > >> Prayer is a joke.

    > >Oh, I get it! Haha! I was just wasting so much time....
    > >

    > Until you prove there is a god prayer is useless.

    That's self contradictory.

    DemoDisk, Mar 4, 2008