    Any ideas what I may have done wrong? Presumably, I should not have to
    re-eoncode the avi, as it plays ok on the pc, is this correct?

    Any help appreciated.
    Gary X, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Gary X

    Tutty Pud Guest

    Nope...it's not correct.
    If you have a DVD player on your computer, then you can view it, but if its
    a DVD player attached to a television or system or whatever, it won't work,
    it MUST be re-encoded.

    Use DVD Santa for stuff like that, all you do is load the avi file (or any
    other file) up and click convert and you're done, very user friendly...

    Tutty Pud, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Gary X

    Gary X Guest

    ok, thanks for that.
    In your opinion, is there any advantage with DVDSanta over something like
    WinAvi/TmpGEnc?

    Gary X, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Gary X

    Tutty Pud Guest

    Yup, from what I remember, video and sound had to be done separately with
    TmpGEnc, maybe I'm wrong.
    But dvdSANTA converts both at the same time, creates the DVD folders for
    you, so all you do is literally load up the file and burn, and the quality
    isn't sucky either :)

    Tutty Pud, Nov 13, 2004