    seem to allow you to add image files into the video timeline.

    Cheers for any suggestions

    John

    John, Dec 16, 2007

  2. John

    Jeff Guest

    John <> wrote in
    news::

    > Does anyone know if its possible to move a video file in NeroVision 3
    > so that it doesn't start at 00:00:00.00?
    >
    > So far I have added a video file to my project but when I try and drag
    > it further to the right on the timeline so it starts at about the 2:20
    > mark after all the opening titles have been shown, it wont let me move
    > it. Seems to be insisting that the video file starts at zero in the
    > timeline.
    >
    > If this is the case are there any work arounds for this limitation? I
    > was hoping I would be able to add a black image file into the video
    > time line and stretch that out for the first 2 minutes 20 seconds to
    > fill that void and then add my video file afterwards, but it doesn't
    > seem to allow you to add image files into the video timeline.
    >
    > Cheers for any suggestions
    >
    > John

    You could edit out the first 2:20 before you add it to the project.

    Jeff, Dec 16, 2007

  3. John

    Trev Guest

    John wrote:
    > Does anyone know if its possible to move a video file in NeroVision 3
    > so that it doesn't start at 00:00:00.00?
    >
    > So far I have added a video file to my project but when I try and drag
    > it further to the right on the timeline so it starts at about the 2:20
    > mark after all the opening titles have been shown, it wont let me move
    > it. Seems to be insisting that the video file starts at zero in the
    > timeline.
    >
    > If this is the case are there any work arounds for this limitation? I
    > was hoping I would be able to add a black image file into the video
    > time line and stretch that out for the first 2 minutes 20 seconds to
    > fill that void and then add my video file afterwards, but it doesn't
    > seem to allow you to add image files into the video timeline.
    >
    > Cheers for any suggestions
    >
    > John

    Add the titles in front of it and it will move to accommodate. Or do you
    mean menu

    --
    Trev
    You can always tell a Yorkshire man,

    Trev, Dec 16, 2007
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:39:12 -0000, "Trev"
    <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if its possible to move a video file in NeroVision 3
    >> so that it doesn't start at 00:00:00.00?
    >>
    >> So far I have added a video file to my project but when I try and drag
    >> it further to the right on the timeline so it starts at about the 2:20
    >> mark after all the opening titles have been shown, it wont let me move
    >> it. Seems to be insisting that the video file starts at zero in the
    >> timeline.
    >>
    >> If this is the case are there any work arounds for this limitation? I
    >> was hoping I would be able to add a black image file into the video
    >> time line and stretch that out for the first 2 minutes 20 seconds to
    >> fill that void and then add my video file afterwards, but it doesn't
    >> seem to allow you to add image files into the video timeline.
    >>
    >> Cheers for any suggestions
    >>
    >> John

    >Add the titles in front of it and it will move to accommodate. Or do you
    >mean menu

    I had added a list of credits at the beginning which doesn't appear in
    the video time line but in the text one above it. I had to export that
    to DV and then reimport it so that it was in the video time line. I
    think NeroVision wants the video to always start at zero and all video
    clips to be together with no gaps.

    Cheers

    John

    John, Dec 20, 2007
  5. John

    Trev Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:39:12 -0000, "Trev"
    > <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote:
    >
    >> John wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if its possible to move a video file in NeroVision
    >>> 3 so that it doesn't start at 00:00:00.00?
    >>>
    >>> So far I have added a video file to my project but when I try and
    >>> drag it further to the right on the timeline so it starts at about
    >>> the 2:20 mark after all the opening titles have been shown, it wont
    >>> let me move it. Seems to be insisting that the video file starts at
    >>> zero in the timeline.
    >>>
    >>> If this is the case are there any work arounds for this limitation?
    >>> I was hoping I would be able to add a black image file into the
    >>> video time line and stretch that out for the first 2 minutes 20
    >>> seconds to fill that void and then add my video file afterwards,
    >>> but it doesn't seem to allow you to add image files into the video
    >>> timeline.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers for any suggestions
    >>>
    >>> John

    >> Add the titles in front of it and it will move to accommodate. Or do
    >> you mean menu

    > I had added a list of credits at the beginning which doesn't appear in
    > the video time line but in the text one above it. I had to export that
    > to DV and then reimport it so that it was in the video time line. I
    > think NeroVision wants the video to always start at zero and all video
    > clips to be together with no gaps.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > John

    Your credits where created as an overlay to allow the Video to show though.
    As you discovered adding a clip moved it back Lets face it the video must
    always start with the first frame even if the first 100 are blank black
    fames The first frame is still the one at the front. Now if you wanted to
    you could have added stills of a coloured back ground to your movie to show
    with you overlaid credits

    Trev, Dec 20, 2007