    Anyone have any experience with Nero9 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    not wanting to install properly? Is there a newsgroup site for Nero
    support? Any alternatives to Nero software will be appreciated.
    ProfQ, Jun 29, 2009

  2. http://www.nero.com/enu/community.html

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 10, 2009

  3. ProfQ

    Dominick Guest

    To save you the trouble of registering for that community, I have not
    had any success getting Nero 9 to work on Windows Vista x64, Windows
    Server 2008 x64. Have not tried with Windows 7.

    I for one have found workarounds to do my video/editing work as I am
    just a home video guy, I use Windows Moviemaker, ImgBurn, and tools like
    that. Nero is bloated, very buggy, and a waste of money IMHO.

    Dominick, Jul 11, 2009
  4. Nero 9 works fine for me on Win 7 x64. Have not encountered any problem
    with it in the past 6 months.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 12, 2009
  5. ProfQ

    XS11E Guest

    Dominick <> wrote:

    > To save you the trouble of registering for that community, I have
    > not had any success getting Nero 9 to work on Windows Vista x64,
    > Windows Server 2008 x64. Have not tried with Windows 7.

    Works fine on Vista Ultimate X64 and has for some time now.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org
    XS11E, Jul 12, 2009
  6. ProfQ

    TMA Guest

    If you are talking about the whole package for Nero 9, with all the other
    apps and so on, I found that some of these programs won't install correctly,
    forcing the installer to roll back the process.

    After several tries, I found out a way to get it installed with no problems.
    For that, I had to REMOVE a few programs from the installer. I am not sure
    ALL these options should be unchecked, they're just the ones I removed and
    got Nero to install without rolling back.

    Try to remove these:
    PhotoSnap
    ShowTime
    SmartStart
    WaveEditor
    BurnRights
    Express

    Oh, and by the way .. Nero Burning ROM works just fine on Windows 7.

    TMA, Jul 15, 2009