    Is there a reliable burning software x64?

    Regards
    jvi

    jvi, Feb 15, 2006

  2. Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet writing
    part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest version is
    reported to work as well, and even have working packet writing, but I've
    stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 15, 2006
  4. jvi

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes it
    runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

    Larry Hodges, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Yes. Typical of Sonic stuff. And why I won't use their stuff. The old Roxio
    didn't behave that way.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Larry Hodges wrote:
    > Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes
    > it runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

    >> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
    >> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
    >> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
    >> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> jvi wrote:
    >>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> jvi

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 15, 2006
  6. The Nero Express that came bundled with my DVD writer works just fine.

    Dennis Gordon, Feb 15, 2006
  7. jvi

    John Barnes Guest

    Why not just turn it off in MSCONFIG and let it start when you need it.

    "Larry Hodges" <> wrote in message
    > Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes
    > it runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

    >> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
    >> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
    >> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
    >> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> jvi wrote:
    >>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> jvi

    John Barnes, Feb 16, 2006
  8. jvi

    Angie Guest

    Reliable is relative. :)

    There is Nero for x64 which was bundled by some vendors with the AMD x64
    CPUs. I think it's version 7. I got one of those and it works just fine.
    However, there are lots of complains from users about quality issues (look
    at user reviews on Amazon or pricegrabber). I haven't had a problem.

    aK.

    Angie, Feb 16, 2006
  9. Nero 7 is bloated.
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 18, 2006
  10. jvi

    Larry Hodges Guest

    So is Roxio 8.

    > Nero 7 is bloated.
    > --
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    >> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
    >> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
    >> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
    >> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> jvi wrote:
    >>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> jvi

    Larry Hodges, Feb 19, 2006
  11. seems to be the nature of software these days. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 19, 2006
  12. jvi

    McGrandpa Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    > Why not just turn it off in MSCONFIG and let it start when you need it.

    Because it runs fine without those spys :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 20, 2006