    Amazingly the freeware program called CDXPburner Pro can recognise the
    CDrom & can burn on it.

    Anyone know what might be the problem
    rdt, Sep 13, 2003

  2. rdt

    Casey Bralla Guest

    rdt wrote:

    > The Nero Express OEM version which came with the drive won't install so
    > I tried using the Nero 5.5.7.2 version.
    >

    > Amazingly the freeware program called CDXPburner Pro can recognise the
    > CDrom & can burn on it.
    >

    > Anyone know what might be the problem

    What type of error does Nero give you when it refuses to install?

    Casey Bralla

    Vorlon Information Technologies
    http://www.VorlonInfoTech.com/gethelp.html

    Ask us for no-risk personalized computer help
    You pay ONLY if we fix your problem
    Then you pay ONLY the amount you want.

    Think our help was only half-bad? then half-pay!
    Think our help was great? then pay in full!
    Think our help stunk? then Don't Pay!
    Casey Bralla, Sep 13, 2003

  3. rdt

    rdt Guest

    Casey Bralla wrote:
    > rdt wrote:
    >

    >>The Nero Express OEM version which came with the drive won't install so
    >>I tried using the Nero 5.5.7.2 version.
    >>

    >>Amazingly the freeware program called CDXPburner Pro can recognise the
    >>CDrom & can burn on it.
    >>

    >>Anyone know what might be the problem

    > What type of error does Nero give you when it refuses to install?

    It extracts restarts the windows then it doesn't do anything .. i.e.
    forgets to install most likely ,....

    dont worry about it

    Dont worry found the problem .. the Nero app was an OEM version of my
    old burner.

    rdt, Sep 13, 2003
  4. rdt

    rdt Guest

    rdt, Sep 13, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    "rdt" <> wrote in message
    > It only shows the image recorder ....
    >
    > Win 98
    > Lite-On 52x32x52
    >
    > Nero 5.5.7.2
    >
    > The Nero Express OEM version which came with the drive won't install so
    > I tried using the Nero 5.5.7.2 version.

    Which is an old one. Download 5.5.10.xx (whatever the latest is)
    from www.nero.com and it'll find that CD/RW just fine.

    The problem is that the drive is newer than the database that
    5.5.7.2 has ...

    Why won't the copy with the drive install? What happens when you
    try?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 13, 2003