    creates an nrg file and then - same error.

    I googled and see a lot of folks with the same issue and no answers ...
    anyone ?
    - Bobb -, Dec 22, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    >I had never tried to create video until recently and I can't get Nero
    >Vision or Recode to " do anything for me". I got a home-made DVD sent
    >to me and wanted to make a copy.
    > I tried - Burning ROM - COPY - it LOOKS ok then I get
    > " Unable to prepare data for recording. Transcoding of videos failed
    > (internal error 1004)"
    > If I go to Nero Vision, it LOOKS ok - goes thru reading the dvd ,
    > creates an nrg file and then - same error.
    >
    > I googled and see a lot of folks with the same issue and no answers
    > ... anyone ?

    To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's been about 4-6 weeks)
    and there's an update for each app so maybe that's it. ... updating
    now...
    - Bobb -, Dec 22, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    Neil Green Guest

    >>I had never tried to create video until recently
    >>and I can't get Nero Vision or Recode to " do
    >>anything for me". I got a home-made DVD sent to me
    >>and wanted to make a copy.
    >> I tried - Burning ROM - COPY - it LOOKS ok then I
    >> get
    >> " Unable to prepare data for recording. Transcoding
    >> of videos failed (internal error 1004)"
    >> If I go to Nero Vision, it LOOKS ok - goes thru
    >> reading the dvd , creates an nrg file and then -
    >> same error.
    >>
    >> I googled and see a lot of folks with the same
    >> issue and no answers ... anyone ?

    > To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's
    > been about 4-6 weeks) and there's an update for each
    > app so maybe that's it. ... updating now...

    Many burnt or "home made" DVD's are problematic, and
    unless Nero can make a 1:1 copy it will throw up
    errors.
    Try ripping the DVD to your hard disk with another
    ripping program, DVD Decryptor will let you rip
    damaged or corrupted DVD's if set to ignore read
    errors.
    If this is successful then you can burn the resultant
    files using Nero.
    Neil Green, Dec 23, 2006
  4. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: " Nero Video internal error 1004 "

    "Neil Green" <> wrote in message

    >> "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >>>I had never tried to create video until recently and I can't get
    >>>Nero Vision or Recode to " do anything for me". I got a home-made
    >>>DVD sent to me and wanted to make a copy.
    >>> I tried - Burning ROM - COPY - it LOOKS ok then I get
    >>> " Unable to prepare data for recording. Transcoding of videos failed
    >>> (internal error 1004)"
    >>> If I go to Nero Vision, it LOOKS ok - goes thru reading the dvd ,
    >>> creates an nrg file and then - same error.
    >>>
    >>> I googled and see a lot of folks with the same issue and no answers
    >>> ... anyone ?

    >> To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's been about 4-6
    >> weeks) and there's an update for each app so maybe that's it. ...
    >> updating now...

    > Many burnt or "home made" DVD's are problematic, and unless Nero can
    > make a 1:1 copy it will throw up errors.
    > Try ripping the DVD to your hard disk with another ripping program,
    > DVD Decryptor will let you rip damaged or corrupted DVD's if set to
    > ignore read errors.
    > If this is successful then you can burn the resultant files using
    > Nero.

    The home-made is actually from a Comcast TV show producer - I missed a
    show and he sent it to me. It's a DVD -R and worked fine in my DVD on TV
    , can play on both DVD's in my PC - looks to read it ok , the problem
    is when it starts burning... my reason for trying to edit it is that
    it's the actual TV show and instead of commercials there is 2 miuntues
    of blank screen every so often and I'm trying to create the TV show
    without the "8 minutes of grey screen". Nero recorded it to HDD - ~350
    mb and I thought I'd just use a CD - but I did try DVD and CD - same
    error.
    Anyhow ....
    The Nero update downloaded and I installed it. the webpage said - the
    help files are separate and to dload that exe (zip) file too. I did and
    it states current help file = 2006 dload veriosn = 2004 ?? cancelled.
    Then I checked in Add/remove and I have 3 Nero Ultra Edition listed -
    click on each - support info - and each of the 3 are different versions
    ??? Gonna reboot ( haven't yet since install) and check again.
    If still having problems, I'll get one of the decryptor apps and
    uninstall/reinstall all the nero 7 stuff again
    Thanks
    - Bobb -, Dec 23, 2006
  5. - Bobb -

    Robert Baer Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:

    > "Neil Green" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>> "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message

    >>> To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's been about 4-6
    >>> weeks) and there's an update for each app so maybe that's it. ...
    >>> updating now...

    >> Many burnt or "home made" DVD's are problematic, and unless Nero can
    >> make a 1:1 copy it will throw up errors.
    >> Try ripping the DVD to your hard disk with another ripping program,
    >> DVD Decryptor will let you rip damaged or corrupted DVD's if set to
    >> ignore read errors.
    >> If this is successful then you can burn the resultant files using Nero.

    > The home-made is actually from a Comcast TV show producer - I missed a
    > show and he sent it to me. It's a DVD -R and worked fine in my DVD on TV
    > , can play on both DVD's in my PC - looks to read it ok , the problem
    > is when it starts burning... my reason for trying to edit it is that
    > it's the actual TV show and instead of commercials there is 2 miuntues
    > of blank screen every so often and I'm trying to create the TV show
    > without the "8 minutes of grey screen". Nero recorded it to HDD - ~350
    > mb and I thought I'd just use a CD - but I did try DVD and CD - same error.
    > Anyhow ....
    > The Nero update downloaded and I installed it. the webpage said - the
    > help files are separate and to dload that exe (zip) file too. I did and
    > it states current help file = 2006 dload veriosn = 2004 ?? cancelled.
    > Then I checked in Add/remove and I have 3 Nero Ultra Edition listed -
    > click on each - support info - and each of the 3 are different versions
    > ??? Gonna reboot ( haven't yet since install) and check again.
    > If still having problems, I'll get one of the decryptor apps and
    > uninstall/reinstall all the nero 7 stuff again
    > Thanks

    Use VideoReDo Plus ver 2.2.2 video editor/format converter first for
    editing; it *works* and is very easy to use - in fact it is so nice that
    one does not have to "read the manual".
    Then do a straight burn to DVD (nothing else).
    I have found Nero very exasperating when it comes to editing; wasted
    one week even with support from the Nero group.
    VideoReDo Plus was a life saver.
    Robert Baer, Dec 23, 2006
  6. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: " Nero Video internal error 1004 "

    I'll try it thanks
    ( going nuts trying to figure out how to CUT out the ads in the video -
    always" clip too big" - not enough left with Nero 7)

    - Bobb -, Dec 23, 2006
  7. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    <<snipped>>

    > To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's been about 4-6
    > weeks) and there's an update for each app so maybe that's it. ...
    > updating now...

    Looks like each time I do an update ( several months apart now) there's
    a new instance of it ( with its' version number ) listed in Add/remove.
    I'm guessing that I should uninstall all of them, download the DEMO
    version of the program then UPDATE serial number ?? to activate one and
    only one instance of Nero. As it is , when I look in add/remove, the
    first instance uses 481mb, the second = 385mb and the 3rd = 247mb - so
    it looks like it leaves the old one behind overwriting its' uninstall
    app 'cuz now an uninstall on the first 2 fail - "can't find file."
    - Bobb -, Dec 23, 2006
  8. - Bobb -

    Robert Baer Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:
    >> "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message

    > <<snipped>>
    >

    >> To be sure, I just checked for Nero updates ( it's been about 4-6
    >> weeks) and there's an update for each app so maybe that's it. ...
    >> updating now...
    >>

    > Looks like each time I do an update ( several months apart now) there's
    > a new instance of it ( with its' version number ) listed in Add/remove.
    > I'm guessing that I should uninstall all of them, download the DEMO
    > version of the program then UPDATE serial number ?? to activate one and
    > only one instance of Nero. As it is , when I look in add/remove, the
    > first instance uses 481mb, the second = 385mb and the 3rd = 247mb - so
    > it looks like it leaves the old one behind overwriting its' uninstall
    > app 'cuz now an uninstall on the first 2 fail - "can't find file."

    This is how i zap a program:
    1) Do the standard uninstall and note program name(s) as well as
    manufacturer.
    2) Use "find" to find all instances of those name(s) and manufacturer
    using first part of name if need.
    3) Delete the folders that have the (now) junk.
    4) If you are brave, backup the registry to a folder that you know where
    you can find it, then search for the same names there and do appropiate
    deletions.
    5) Re-do #3 for mister Justin Case, and if something that had been
    deleted is back, you have a virus and i bet deleting that entry will not
    work; this should not ever happen with a decent and genuine program.
    Robert Baer, Dec 23, 2006