    Paul GoodBar Guest

    Just once i copy some files i would liek to delete the files.

    Thanks.

    Paul GoodBar, May 6, 2005

  2. Paul GoodBar

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Paul GoodBar () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Just once i copy some files i would liek to delete the files.

    If Nero says it matches, yes, you can trust it.

    If Nero says it does *not* match, then it might be a problem with your
    burner. This is especially true on CD-Audio discs. One burner I have
    always generates "bad" verifies on DAO/96 writes because it can't read
    and write CD-Audio 100% accurately, but verifies fine if just DAO was
    used to write. In either case, though, the actual data was on the disc
    correctly, it just wasn't a perfect match (some sub-code was different).

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, May 6, 2005

  3. Paul GoodBar

    Guest

    > If Nero says it matches, yes, you can trust it.

    NO. Do not trust Nero's verify. I did, just gone back to check and
    every DVD (data and video) and every one is unreadable.Thats about
    100Gb of data which hsa been deleted fron my HD lost! :(

    , May 31, 2005
  4. Paul GoodBar

    Jeff Rife Guest

    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > If Nero says it matches, yes, you can trust it.

    > NO. Do not trust Nero's verify. I did, just gone back to check and
    > every DVD (data and video) and every one is unreadable.

    That's not a problem with the verify...that's a problem that happened
    afterwards.

    If it was unreadable at the time of the verify, it would have failed.
    It's also possible that the drive has failed since you wrote the discs.
    If you are using a different drive, there can be incompatibilities between
    drives.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "You are now dead. Thank you for using Stop and

    Jeff Rife, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Paul GoodBar

    Guest

    This has been happening since I upgraded to the latest version. Burn OK
    Verify OK look at disc "no disc present". Same drive. All discs burnt
    prior to upgrade are readable.

    , Jun 1, 2005
  6. Paul GoodBar

    Jeff Rife Guest

    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > This has been happening since I upgraded to the latest version. Burn OK
    > Verify OK look at disc "no disc present". Same drive. All discs burnt
    > prior to upgrade are readable.

    Then, something is seriously wrong with your drive.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Jun 1, 2005