    and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
    know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
    window xp pro 64 bit?
    Rob, Jul 3, 2008

  2. Have you checked this key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
    Coreâ„¢ 2 Extreme X6800

    Maratonmannen, Jul 3, 2008

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Yes I have check there, and could not find anything that said nero, or ahead

    Rob, Jul 3, 2008
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I only saw on versoin there, I am guessing that I would see two, the one I
    have installed, and the old one. Maybe if I uninstall nero, and look again,
    and remove it from this list is it there, and then start over.

    Rob, Jul 3, 2008
  5. Rob

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Click on the program (Nero in this case) you want to uninstall.
    Windows will not find the uninstall script and will offer you to delete that
    entry from the "Remove Programs" list.
    Accept and it will be gone.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 3, 2008
  6. Rob

    Jim Guest

    Nero Essentials 7 is NOT compatible with XP64 even though it can burn CD's
    under that OS..

    After installing Nero, the XP64 behaved rather abruptly and I noticed that
    it entered over 700 entries to the registry of XP64, which contaminated the
    whole OS and I had to remove it from the hard drive. XP32 is the best and
    most reliable OS and I find it rather disturbing that Microsoft is trying to
    cover it up with such unreliable products as XP64, and both Vista flavors

    Jim, Jul 6, 2008
  7. Rob

    Mick Murphy Guest

    If you still have the old Nero disk, try reinstall.
    Nero gives you the choice of Repair, install, or uninstall when the Drive
    opens the disk. Radio button:uninstall/remove

    OR, open windows Explorer>C: drive> Program files and/or Common files, and
    manually delete Nero.
    Open the Neero folder, and right-click delete one file at a time, as a
    couple won't allow delete, I think!
    --
    Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

    Mick Murphy, Jul 6, 2008
  8. Rob

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 06/07/2008 in message <> Jim wrote:

    >XP32 is the best and most reliable OS and I find it rather disturbing that
    >Microsoft is trying to cover it up with such unreliable products as XP64,
    >and both Vista flavors

    64 bit operating systems are the future but they do need 64 bit drivers,
    it's important to see if the drivers for your h/w exist before you install
    a 64 bit OS. Most 32 bit apps run OK (but not 16 bit apps or 32 bit apps
    with 16 bit installers). I think what catches some people is they install
    apps but don't realise those apps have in-built drivers, if those drivers
    are 32 bit then the app won't run.

    The appearance of Vista 64 and MSFT's requirement that Vista certification
    means 32 AND 64 bit Vista means that the supply of 64 bit drivers has
    increased and will become the norm in future.

    For now people using 64 bit XP or Vista either have a special need for
    something that the 32 bit versions don't offer or they just enjoy being on
    the leading edge :)

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Jeff Gaines, Jul 6, 2008