    Has anybody a workaround?
    (Vista x64)

    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    I finally relented and installed the trial of 7.7.5.1. StartSmart has a
    solid frame and transparent window, matched to the shade of my Aero glass,
    but all the icons and options appear as normal in the window. Vista x64.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Mar 23, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John E Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Newer version of Nero (7.8.5.0) has still the same problem as v7.7.5.1
    > with
    > its Smartstart application.
    > Launch it, and you will only see a "frame".
    > Just the frame of a window but nothing inside, like a transparent window.
    > You can see your desktop through it.
    > Has anybody else this problem?
    > Has anybody a workaround?
    > (Vista x64)
    >
    > Carlos

    I have the same problem. I have not discovered a work-around. I wondered if
    it might be a graphics card/driver issue. I have a nVidia card (6800GT) and
    I'm using the driver 101.41.

    John.
    John E, Mar 23, 2007
  4. I doubt it is hardware/driver related.
    I have seen this problem on two quite different PC's.
    One with NForce4 and NV7600GT (PCI-e) and another one with NForce3-250 and
    XT1600Pro (AGP).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 23, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John E Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message

    > "John E" wrote:
    >
    >> "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> > Newer version of Nero (7.8.5.0) has still the same problem as v7.7.5.1
    >> > with
    >> > its Smartstart application.
    >> > Launch it, and you will only see a "frame".
    >> > Just the frame of a window but nothing inside, like a transparent
    >> > window.
    >> > You can see your desktop through it.
    >> > Has anybody else this problem?
    >> > Has anybody a workaround?
    >> > (Vista x64)
    >> >
    >> > Carlos

    >> I have the same problem. I have not discovered a work-around. I wondered
    >> if
    >> it might be a graphics card/driver issue. I have a nVidia card (6800GT)
    >> and
    >> I'm using the driver 101.41.
    >>
    >> John.
    >>

    >I doubt it is hardware/driver related.
    > I have seen this problem on two quite different PC's.
    > One with NForce4 and NV7600GT (PCI-e) and another one with NForce3-250 and
    > XT1600Pro (AGP).

    > Carlos

    I've copied this thread to Nero support. Maybe they will take notice of the
    issue.

    John.
    John E, Mar 23, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    I had the same problem, but it isn't present currently. I
    uninstalled Nero, then used the Nero clean-up tool, then did a custom
    installation dropping Nero Home and Mobile. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Mar 23, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos:
    Did u do a clean install.........Nero website recommends a clean
    install.......it solved my problems with Nero home. Smartstart looks ok
    here.

    Kue2, Mar 23, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John E Guest

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > Carlos:
    > Did u do a clean install.........Nero website recommends a clean
    > install.......it solved my problems with Nero home. Smartstart looks ok
    > here.
    >
    > "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> Newer version of Nero (7.8.5.0) has still the same problem as v7.7.5.1
    >> with
    >> its Smartstart application.
    >> Launch it, and you will only see a "frame".
    >> Just the frame of a window but nothing inside, like a transparent window.
    >> You can see your desktop through it.
    >> Has anybody else this problem?
    >> Has anybody a workaround?
    >> (Vista x64)
    >>
    >> Carlos

    Well, I certainly did a clean install and had exactly that problem. I am
    currently trying Dennis' advice and doing a clean up (at least when Nero's
    web site will allow me to download the utility) and doing a fresh install.

    John.
    John E, Mar 23, 2007
  9. Nope.
    But v.7.7.5.1 was certainly a clean install and had that problem.
    v7.8.5.0 was installed as an upgrade.
    Guess I'll have to wipe out Nero (uninstall + clean-up tool) and install it
    from scratch.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 23, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Check the font size you use for the screen. If you have changed the
    default to a larger size, this problem will occur.

    Control Panel Adjust font size from left bar. Set to default scale.

    It was supposed to be fixed by Ahead in the "next" version i.e. 7.7.5.1.
    Go figure ;-)

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows shell/User

    Tom Ferguson, Mar 23, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    Tom's answer is right, with the settings at 96dpi there are no
    problems but the box is empty with the settings at 120dpi. The odd thing is
    that I had 7.7.5.1 installed, the frame and background were solid like
    earlier versions no matter what the dpi settings were. I changed the
    background to transparent and the box went empty when set to 120dpi. I think
    that I updated from 7.5.7.0 to 7.7.5.1 on this system.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Mar 23, 2007
  12. Thanks everybody for pinpointing the root cause!
    I can live without SmartStart and its empty window.
    I prefer that than reinstalling everything.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 24, 2007