    help page already but I wamt to only use Nero.

    Thanks,
    Warren

    Warren Barr, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Warren Barr

    Guest Guest

    The only thing that I can think of off hand that would help you would be to
    find a program called DVD2ONE (make sure you have the updated version 1.3.0)
    and use the full-disk option and set the output size to something that will
    fit on your blank. Then use Nero to burn the processed files. I have been
    using this to shrink video without any notieable video quality loss.

    Guest, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Warren Barr

    Shawn Guest

    Some main movies are over 4.7gb so you will always lose quality when burning
    to 4.7gb DVD discs. You can consider using other programs like DVD Shrink or
    DVD Decryptor to rip each video separately.

    Shawn, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Warren Barr

    BillKirch Guest

    >Is there any way to make it so the 'Main Movie'
    >becomes 100% and I can just fit the 'Extras' at 100% on a second disc?

    ############
    DVDshrink.com free
    ##############
    >I would prefer to do this in Nero if possible. I know about the DVDR
    >help page already but I wamt to only use Nero.

    ############
    then you'll use 2 discs. BG

    BillKirch, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Warren Barr

    Warren Barr Guest

    Will I lose any quality with that program?

    Warren Barr, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    You are going to lose quality with *any* program that recompresses the video
    to fit on a single disk. The best tools for DVD backup IMHO, are
    Smartripper, or DVD Decrypter. Either one will rip the source DVD to your
    harddrive, and will remove the DVD encryption. Then, use a program like
    DVD2One to shrink the source files to fit on a single disk. There are other
    programs like DVDFab that will split a movie to 2 recordable disks, or allow
    you to keep just the movie, and toss out special features, commentary,
    alternate languages, etc. There's not a one-click does all solution that
    works for everything. DVDXcopy is the closest to that, but I had a lot of
    trouble with it not working on some titles. Just an FYI, even when the video
    is recompressed, the quality loss is almost undiscernable to the eye in most
    cases IMHO. My advice would be to simply try the above programs, (many are
    free downloads) and use a DVD RW disc to test the quality of the various
    methods. If the quality doesn't meet your requirements, you haven't wasted a
    disc. Simply erase the DVD RW.

    Thor, Nov 27, 2003