    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Mike
    MikeM, Jul 14, 2006

  2. MikeM

    Guest

    > I have been using Nero Burning ROM since the previous version (5)
    > without problems but for the last week every time I run it I can burn
    > 1 or 2 disks then it locks up and evetually the whole computer (XP)
    > locks up and needs to be restarted. I tried uninstalling and
    > re-installing but the same thing happens.
    > Any suggestions?

    Did you recently switch CD-R's to another brand or type?
    If so, the new CD's could be incompatible with your drive.

    I typically burn DVD+R's on my notebook. Tried many brands, they all
    work. Recently, someone gave me a pack of DVD-R's. They just will not
    burn on my notebook, even though it is a DVD+-RW drive. Burns fine on
    my desktop. Go figure.

    Chieh
    --
    Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/
    , Jul 14, 2006

  3. MikeM

    MikeM Guest

    No. Using the same brand I've been using for some time now.

    Mike

    MikeM, Jul 14, 2006
  4. MikeM

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    >> I have been using Nero Burning ROM since the previous version (5)
    >> without problems but for the last week every time I run it I can burn
    >> 1 or 2 disks then it locks up and evetually the whole computer (XP)
    >> locks up and needs to be restarted. I tried uninstalling and
    >> re-installing but the same thing happens.
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Did you recently switch CD-R's to another brand or type?
    > If so, the new CD's could be incompatible with your drive.
    >
    > I typically burn DVD+R's on my notebook. Tried many brands, they all
    > work. Recently, someone gave me a pack of DVD-R's. They just will not
    > burn on my notebook, even though it is a DVD+-RW drive. Burns fine on
    > my desktop. Go figure.
    >
    > Chieh
    > --
    > Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

    And there you have the reason I don't mess with CDR/CDRW....
    Ron Hunter, Jul 14, 2006
  5. MikeM

    Pat Guest

    I can't run Nero unless I have the cache files going to one HD and the
    photos, music etc. I am using for the DVD on another HD. Otherwise, it
    just locks up like you said. Try moving the location of the cache. I
    don't know why, but that's what it wants.

    Pat, Jul 14, 2006
  6. MikeM

    no_name Guest

    MikeM wrote:

    > I have been using Nero Burning ROM since the previous version (5)
    > without problems but for the last week every time I run it I can burn
    > 1 or 2 disks then it locks up and evetually the whole computer (XP)
    > locks up and needs to be restarted. I tried uninstalling and
    > re-installing but the same thing happens.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    Replace all the memory in your computer.
    no_name, Jul 17, 2006
  7. MikeM

    Jack Guest

    On 17 Jul 2006, you wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    > MikeM wrote:
    >
    >> I have been using Nero Burning ROM since the previous version (5)
    >> without problems but for the last week every time I run it I can burn
    >> 1 or 2 disks then it locks up and evetually the whole computer (XP)
    >> locks up and needs to be restarted. I tried uninstalling and
    >> re-installing but the same thing happens.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Mike

    > Replace all the memory in your computer.

    Since the current version of Nero is 7, the previous version is 6 not 5. If
    you are using version 6, there is a free update on the Nero website, which
    may solve your problem. It is version 6.6.0.18. If you already have this
    version, then I can't help you.
    Jack, Jul 18, 2006