    nero? What would I need to do?

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks.
    SyBee©, Dec 15, 2004

  2. SyBee©

    °Mike° Guest

    Ask the administrator to give the restricted user
    full permissions on the drive.

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:35:10 GMT, in
    <Ol0wd.594$>
    SyBee© scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004

  3. SyBee©

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:35:10 GMT, SyBee© wrote:

    >Help.
    >
    >I have an external DVD-RW drive that connects via usb2.
    >While logged on as a user with who is an administrator I can select it as a
    >writer within Nero.
    >However, when logged on as a restricted user I can not select it.
    >
    >Windows Explorer shows that the drive is there but Nero doesn't recognise
    >it. Is it possible for the restricted user to be able to use the drive in
    >nero? What would I need to do?
    >
    >Any help would be great.

    The OS or version were not included in your post, maybe because it may
    not matter.

    Did you try the support / FAQ on the ahead site? If not you wouldn't
    have seen the Nero BurnRights utility.

    Me
    why?, Dec 15, 2004
  4. SyBee©

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004
  5. SyBee©

    SyBee© Guest

    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:35:10 GMT, SyBee© wrote:
    >
    >>Help.
    >>
    >>I have an external DVD-RW drive that connects via usb2.
    >>While logged on as a user with who is an administrator I can select it as
    >>writer within Nero.
    >>However, when logged on as a restricted user I can not select it.
    >>
    >>Windows Explorer shows that the drive is there but Nero doesn't recognise
    >>it. Is it possible for the restricted user to be able to use the drive in
    >>nero? What would I need to do?
    >>
    >>Any help would be great.

    > The OS or version were not included in your post, maybe because it may
    > not matter.

    oops.
    forgot that. Sorry, WinXP Pro.
    but thanks, I seem to be sorted now.
    I didn't know about Nero BurnRights.

    SyBee©, Dec 15, 2004
  6. SyBee©

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:20:45 GMT, SyBee© wrote:

    >> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:35:10 GMT, SyBee© wrote:
    >>
    >>>Help.
    >>>
    >>>I have an external DVD-RW drive that connects via usb2.
    >>>While logged on as a user with who is an administrator I can select it as
    >>>writer within Nero.
    >>>However, when logged on as a restricted user I can not select it.

    <snip>
    >but thanks, I seem to be sorted now.
    >I didn't know about Nero BurnRights.

    Neither did I until I had the same problem and went looking :)

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Dec 16, 2004