Nero problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DaveG, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    Nero 5.5 won't see my CD-R's and prior to uninstalling both software
    and burner I was getting messages that the drive wasn't ready and was
    being used by another device.
    Similar messages with windows Audio CD writer in Media Player.
    This was with a Nero 6 trial,so I reverted back to 5.5 and now the
    previously useable blank discs are apparently not being seen as
    suitable.
    When I click "burn" there is a long time-out until the next
    stage(progress/buffer dialogue)
    Nero 6 media player wouldn't install with the package due to DirectX
    not being up to date but the latest version(9) is installed and
    confirmed by DXDIAG.
    Any help would be most welcome.
    TIA(and after!)

    --
    dg-2003

    "Ya see I got more clothes than Muhammad Ali and I dress so viciously,
    I got bodyguards,I got two big cars that definitely ain't the wack,
    I got a Lincoln Continental and a sunroof Cadillac "
    DaveG, Dec 15, 2003

  2. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    Probably rename this CD/R drive problem ;-)
    --
    dg-2003
    DaveG, Dec 15, 2003

  3. DaveG

    Miggsee Guest

    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the burner?
    Checked the cable?

    Miggsee, Dec 16, 2003