    I've given up asking Nero about it, they don't return emails,
    even though I own the product outright.
    -Rich

    RichA, Mar 28, 2005

  2. RichA

    theyak Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm wondering if anyone knows of other burning software
    > other than Nero? I have two systems; One has a DVD burner
    > that came with Nero, it works fine. The other, a Panasonic CD burner.
    > No matter what I've tried, Nero produces a "burn process failed"
    > error with the Panasonic-equipped burner. It only happens
    > when creating VCDs, SVCDs. When I make a data disc, no problem.
    > I've given up asking Nero about it, they don't return emails,
    > even though I own the product outright.
    > -Rich

    It could be the drive...

    theyak, Mar 28, 2005

  3. RichA

    Biz Guest

    Did that drive come with its own copy of Nero?

    Biz, Mar 29, 2005
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:34:17 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >Did that drive come with its own copy of Nero?

    No. Only my Sony did.
    -Rich

    RichA, Mar 29, 2005
  5. RichA

    Biz Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:34:17 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Did that drive come with its own copy of Nero?

    > No. Only my Sony did.
    > -Rich

    Typically, unless you somehow managed to get a retail version of Nero with
    your drive, most drives come with a crippled that drive only version of
    Nero. You would need to pay for the upgrade for it to work with others
    drives...

    Biz, Mar 29, 2005
  6. RichA wrote:
    > I'm wondering if anyone knows of other burning software
    > other than Nero? I have two systems; One has a DVD burner
    > that came with Nero, it works fine. The other, a Panasonic CD burner.
    > No matter what I've tried, Nero produces a "burn process failed"
    > error with the Panasonic-equipped burner. It only happens
    > when creating VCDs, SVCDs. When I make a data disc, no problem.
    > I've given up asking Nero about it, they don't return emails,
    > even though I own the product outright.
    > -Rich

    What OS are you using? Alcohol 120% is a decent Windows alternative,
    and for linux I like xcdroat and k3b.

    Nicholas Andrade, Mar 29, 2005
  7. RichA

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:34:17 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Did that drive come with its own copy of Nero?

    >> No. Only my Sony did.
    >>-Rich

    > Typically, unless you somehow managed to get a retail version of Nero with
    > your drive, most drives come with a crippled that drive only version of
    > Nero. You would need to pay for the upgrade for it to work with others
    > drives...

    Actually my experience is that it's more complicated than that. If you
    buy a drive with an OEM version of Nero and then ADD another burner to
    the computer, the OEM version will often work as long as the original
    drive is connected.

    dick
    -- or at least that's the way it was about two years ago.

    Dick Sidbury, Mar 29, 2005
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 04:45:58 GMT, Nicholas Andrade
    <> wrote:

    >RichA wrote:
    >> I'm wondering if anyone knows of other burning software
    >> other than Nero? I have two systems; One has a DVD burner
    >> that came with Nero, it works fine. The other, a Panasonic CD burner.
    >> No matter what I've tried, Nero produces a "burn process failed"
    >> error with the Panasonic-equipped burner. It only happens
    >> when creating VCDs, SVCDs. When I make a data disc, no problem.
    >> I've given up asking Nero about it, they don't return emails,
    >> even though I own the product outright.
    >> -Rich

    >What OS are you using? Alcohol 120% is a decent Windows alternative,
    >and for linux I like xcdroat and k3b.

    I'm using XP Pro, and I'll try Alcohol 120%. Thanks!
    -Rich

    RichA, Mar 29, 2005