Nero not making playable DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by geronimo, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. geronimo

    geronimo Guest

    I am able to burn an ISO file to DVD fine with Nero OEM (sorry
    don't know version number...couldn't find it). THe DVD plays on my PC
    fine with VLC player and with Power DVD. With Windows Media Player and
    Real Media player, there is no sound. Those two players having no
    sound is no big problem. But the problem I need to fix is that when I
    try to play it in my home entertainment DVD player, not in the PC, the
    player is not able to at all, and it ejects the disk. I have made
    disks in the paston the same PC that *did* play OK in my DVD player,
    but those were copies of (censored...use your imagination), made not
    using Nero, but DVD X-Copy. THe method I used to burn the
    downloaded .ISO file to a DVD using Nero was: DVD/Copy&Backup/Burn
    Image to Disk.
    I thought perhaps it was that the copied DVDs were on Memorex
    disks, not Verbatim.... and the ISO-derived disks were burned to
    Verbatim disks.. So I re-burned the same ISO to an identical Memorex
    disk, but it again did not work.
    What am I doing wrong? Whatever version of Nero it is, it is only
    about a year old....got it with a new DVD-RW drive.

    I noted when looking at the contents of audio_ts directory within
    the ISO file, that it is empty. Would that have anything to do with
    it?
    geronimo, Mar 12, 2006