    I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    be asking Nero these questions?

    Frosty, Oct 8, 2006

  2. Frosty

    Changstein Guest

    Frosty <> wrote in
    news:p:

    > I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a music CD it
    > craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    > I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    > Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    > be asking Nero these questions?

    Unfortunately I don't know anything about Nero but I *do* appreciate your
    choice of words. :))

    Changstein

    P.S. (BTW, maybe others with more experience will be helped by an error
    code, if there is one?)

    Changstein, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Frosty grumbled surlily in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a music CD it
    > craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    > I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    > Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    > be asking Nero these questions?

    I had a similar problem once. Uninstall Nero, use the Nero removal tool to
    clean up leftover stuff (available at their website), and then try a
    reinstall.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Sat, 07 Oct
    2006 23:31:11 GMT, and Changstein <> vomited
    forth this bit of wisdom :

    >Frosty <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a music CD it
    >> craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    >> I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    >> Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    >> be asking Nero these questions?

    >Unfortunately I don't know anything about Nero but I *do* appreciate your
    >choice of words. :))
    >
    >Changstein
    >
    >P.S. (BTW, maybe others with more experience will be helped by an error
    >code, if there is one?)

    'Tain't

    Frosty, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Frosty

    thanatoid Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > Frosty grumbled surlily in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a
    >> music CD it craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    >> I can burn with other software so I know it's not my
    >> burner. Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?)
    >> to fix it or should I be asking Nero these questions?
    >>

    > I had a similar problem once. Uninstall Nero, use the Nero
    > removal tool to clean up leftover stuff (available at their
    > website), and then try a reinstall.

    To The O.S.:
    Hey O.S., you never answered my question about your digital
    cameras! Play nice!

    OP:
    Or, if y'all'd ruther have a 1MB program that does everythang
    faster and better than any other CD/DVD burning gimminickers,
    deep-six the 25MB bloated sweaty hog that Nero is and go to
    www.goldenhawk.com., ya hear?

    thanatoid, Oct 8, 2006
  6. Frosty

    Jag Ghan Guest

    Frosty <> wrote in

    > I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a music CD it
    > craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    > I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    > Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    > be asking Nero these questions?

    I had simmilar problem with Nero.
    But I solved it with changing burning speed.
    Your problem may be different, but why not try it.
    Regards.

    Jag Ghan, Oct 8, 2006
  7. I had the same problem with nero 6 i had to upgrade to nero 7 b/c it wouldnt
    burn mpeg4

    Michael Branchfield, Oct 8, 2006
  8. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on 08 Oct 2006
    02:42:51 GMT, and thanatoid <> vomited forth
    this bit of wisdom :

    >The Old Sourdough <> wrote in
    >
    >> Frosty grumbled surlily in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a
    >>> music CD it craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    >>> I can burn with other software so I know it's not my
    >>> burner. Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?)
    >>> to fix it or should I be asking Nero these questions?
    >>>

    >> I had a similar problem once. Uninstall Nero, use the Nero
    >> removal tool to clean up leftover stuff (available at their
    >> website), and then try a reinstall.

    I'll try that, thanx!

    >To The O.S.:
    >Hey O.S., you never answered my question about your digital
    >cameras! Play nice!
    >
    >OP:
    >Or, if y'all'd ruther have a 1MB program that does everythang
    >faster and better than any other CD/DVD burning gimminickers,
    >deep-six the 25MB bloated sweaty hog that Nero is and go to
    >www.goldenhawk.com., ya hear?

    They don't say how much it costs.
    If I have to ask I don't want it.

    Frosty, Oct 8, 2006
  9. Frosty

    mdp Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on 08 Oct 2006
    > 02:42:51 GMT, and thanatoid <> vomited forth
    > this bit of wisdom :
    >
    >> The Old Sourdough <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Frosty grumbled surlily in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> I had a similar problem once. Uninstall Nero, use the Nero
    >>> removal tool to clean up leftover stuff (available at their
    >>> website), and then try a reinstall.
    >>>

    > I'll try that, thanx!
    >

    >> To The O.S.:
    >> Hey O.S., you never answered my question about your digital
    >> cameras! Play nice!
    >>
    >> OP:
    >> Or, if y'all'd ruther have a 1MB program that does everythang
    >> faster and better than any other CD/DVD burning gimminickers,
    >> deep-six the 25MB bloated sweaty hog that Nero is and go to
    >> www.goldenhawk.com., ya hear?

    > They don't say how much it costs.
    > If I have to ask I don't want it.

    Same price I bought Nero 7

    Ordering Information

    a.. The single-user registration fee is US$34.95 (includes versions for
    Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT/2000/XP, and MSDOS).

    b.. If you are a full-time student with a valid school Email address, then
    you qualify for a reduced price of US$24.95. NOTE: If you do not have a
    school Email address, then you must FAX your order to 603-673-1101 with
    proof that you are a student.

    c.. A multi-user site license is available for an additional US$10 per
    user If you require multiple copies, then please call our sales department
    at 603-577-5559.

    d.. As a registered user, you will receive support for 18 months from the
    date of purchase (this includes upgrades and phone/Email technical support).
    After your first 18 months, you can purchase additional upgrades and support
    for US$14.95

    e.. Payment can be made by PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, American Express,
    personal check, or money order.

    f.. After you have registered, you will be issued a personal authorization
    code to unlock the software.

    g.. If you are not satisfied with our software for any reason, then we
    will gladly refund your money within 30 days (no questions asked).

    mdp, Oct 8, 2006
  10. Frosty

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:10:51 -0400, Frosty <> wrote:

    >I have a paid ver of Nero but lately when I try to burn a music CD it
    >craps on me (Says burn failed.)
    >I can burn with other software so I know it's not my burner.
    >Do y'all know of any way (uninstall, reinstall?) to fix it or should I
    >be asking Nero these questions?

    Has this DRM crap got into it yet?

    EricP, Oct 8, 2006