nero express 6.0 hands when adding file

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    Adding a folder or a file:

    I'm able to add a file using Nero Express 6.0 by copying a folder from My
    Documents onto the desktop and then dragging the folder onto the interface
    of Nero and then clicking to burn.

    However, if I want to add a folder - or file - by trying to use the
    green/white _add_ icon on the upper right hand side of the interface, I get
    an hourglass and my computer hangs. Nothing happens. I throught that I
    could use this icon to get another box with the folders that I wanted to
    select for insertion onto the CD.

    I am using:
    ----------
    Pentium II @ 350mhz
    Windows 98
    Nero Express 6.0.0
    ------------

    Many thanks for your advice.
    Eddy
    Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Eddy Long

    HF Guest

    You can drag it from anywhere - no need to copy.
    "Eddy Long" <eddy@NO_att_SPAM.net> wrote in message
    > Adding a folder or a file:
    >
    > I'm able to add a file using Nero Express 6.0 by copying a folder from My
    > Documents onto the desktop and then dragging the folder onto the interface
    > of Nero and then clicking to burn.
    >
    > However, if I want to add a folder - or file - by trying to use the
    > green/white _add_ icon on the upper right hand side of the interface, I

    get
    > an hourglass and my computer hangs. Nothing happens. I throught that I
    > could use this icon to get another box with the folders that I wanted to
    > select for insertion onto the CD.
    >
    > I am using:
    > ----------
    > Pentium II @ 350mhz
    > Windows 98
    > Nero Express 6.0.0
    > ------------
    >
    > Many thanks for your advice.
    > Eddy

    ---
    HF, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    HF <21.co.uk> wrote in message:

    > You can drag it from anywhere - no need to copy.

    Thank you.

    What about the _add_ [green/white plus] icon on the upper right hand side of
    the interface?

    Do you know why it takes so long to utilize that function?

    I click and get the hourglass.

    Tick tock...tick tock...I shut the box down after two...three minutes since
    the box with the files does not appear.

    Please advise.
    Thank you.
    E.
    Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Eddy Long

    Kenny Guest

    I have Nero open at the minute and can't see what icon you're talking about.
    There are different ways to add files. As HF says you can drag an drop from
    anywhere. Also there is a file browser, looks like normal folder icon on
    Nero button toolbar. Using that just drag from right to left. You can also
    use Edit/Add Files.

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message:

    > I have Nero open at the minute and can't see what icon you're talking

    about.
    > There are different ways to add files. As HF says you can drag an drop

    from
    > anywhere. Also there is a file browser, looks like normal folder icon on
    > Nero button toolbar. Using that just drag from right to left. You can

    also
    > use Edit/Add Files.
    >
    > Kenny

    I'm using Nero Express 6.0.

    The _add_ icon is a white plus sign on a green background next to the delete
    icon on the upper right hand side.

    If I click on that icon, from the Nero FAQ, my files on my hard drive are
    supposed to come up in a windows box with a browse button and the user then
    selects the file(s)/folder(s) for insertion.

    If I click the _add_ icon, I get an hourglass and the computer hangs.

    Maybe it supposed to take a long time?

    Thank you for your assistance.
    E.
    Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message:

    > I have Nero open at the minute and can't see what icon you're talking

    about.
    > There are different ways to add files. As HF says you can drag an drop

    from
    > anywhere. Also there is a file browser, looks like normal folder icon on
    > Nero button toolbar. Using that just drag from right to left. You can

    also
    > use Edit/Add Files.

    In Nero Express 6.0

    It says:
    Disc Content - Add data to your disc

    On the upper right hand side of screen:
    Add
    Play

    I click Add.

    The hour glass appears.

    After four minutes, no windows box with hard drive folders/files appears.

    The hourglass appears over the Nero interface.

    If I mouse over anything but the Nero interface, it become a regular cursor.

    Any clues to why I cannot use this function?
    Thank you for your time.
    E.
    Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Eddy Long

    Thor Guest

    > "Kenny" <> wrote in message:
    >
    >> I have Nero open at the minute and can't see what icon you're talking

    > about.
    >> There are different ways to add files. As HF says you can drag an drop

    > from
    >> anywhere. Also there is a file browser, looks like normal folder icon on
    >> Nero button toolbar. Using that just drag from right to left. You can

    > also
    >> use Edit/Add Files.

    > In Nero Express 6.0
    >
    > It says:
    > Disc Content - Add data to your disc
    >
    > On the upper right hand side of screen:
    > Add
    > Play
    >
    > I click Add.
    >
    > The hour glass appears.
    >
    > After four minutes, no windows box with hard drive folders/files appears.
    >
    > The hourglass appears over the Nero interface.
    >
    > If I mouse over anything but the Nero interface, it become a regular
    > cursor.
    >
    > Any clues to why I cannot use this function?
    > Thank you for your time.

    something is screwed up with your Nero Express because it should come up
    with a file selection box rather quickly. It works flawlessly on mine. Try
    uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it, or try upgrading to the
    latest build of Nero express. It might be a bug in your version.
    Thor, Oct 31, 2004
  8. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    > something is screwed up with your Nero Express because it should come up
    > with a file selection box rather quickly. It works flawlessly on mine. Try
    > uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it, or try upgrading to the
    > latest build of Nero express. It might be a bug in your version.

    Thank you for the reply.

    Maybe it's my processor.

    It's Pentium II with 350mhz on Win98

    I tried an uninstall/install but it hangs with I hit _add_.

    No dice.

    What are you running?

    Thanks again,
    E.
    Eddy Long, Oct 31, 2004
  9. Eddy Long

    Thor Guest

    >> something is screwed up with your Nero Express because it should come up
    >> with a file selection box rather quickly. It works flawlessly on mine.
    >> Try
    >> uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it, or try upgrading to the
    >> latest build of Nero express. It might be a bug in your version.

    > Thank you for the reply.
    >
    > Maybe it's my processor.
    >
    > It's Pentium II with 350mhz on Win98

    That should have nothing to do with the issue. Your CPU is fast enough to
    run the software.

    > What are you running?

    Nero and Nero Express 6.3.1.20
    Thor, Oct 31, 2004