  1. i created a dvd from a movie file i had on my pc but it wont work in a dvd
    player just on my xbox anyone know why and wot is the best software for making
    dvd from movie files
    Toonfan4eva0210, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Toonfan4eva0210

    Dan P. Guest

    "Toonfan4eva0210" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i created a dvd from a movie file i had on my pc but it wont work in a dvd
    > player just on my xbox anyone know why and wot is the best software for
    > making
    > dvd from movie files

    Can you tell me how you did it? I've actually been trying to figure out how
    to convert some of my AVI and MPG files to DVD using Nero, and I just can't
    see how to do it. I must be blind or something. The only program that
    looks close in the suite that came with my DVD Recorder (version 6) is Nero
    Vision Express. I'm sure there must be software out there that converts
    video files to VOB, but I'd really like to have menus as well.

    Dan
    Dan P., Jan 12, 2005

  3. Toonfan4eva0210

    Lunaray Guest

    NeroVision will do it! Not sure what version of Nero you're using, but I
    just purchased Nero 6 Ultra and all I have to do is select "Create
    DVD-Video" from the program selector (StartSmart), which opens NeroVision,
    then I add the video file and follow the steps! You can create your own
    menus, add backgrounds & background music to them, customize the buttons
    etc. It's actually pretty easy! There are lots of other Authoring programs
    too that will do it! Up until about a month ago, I had no idea how to do
    any of this stuff, but I asked a lot of questions around the Newsgroups and
    a lot of nice people got me started. Here's a link that might give you a
    place to begin: http://www.videohelp.com/

    Good luck!

    Ray
    Lunaray, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Toonfan4eva0210

    Reid1boys Guest

    if it plays on xbox and not your dvd player it is likely that you have created
    your dvd on a disk typr(dvd+r or something else) that is not compatible with
    your stand alone dvd player.

    I have a Tosiba sd3109 dvd player that I bought in 99 and it will not play ANY
    dvd that is burned.

    Playstation has no problem though.
    Reid1boys, Jan 13, 2005