Nero Dead & Burning?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I have just bought a new hard drive for my computer and done a clean
    install of Windows XP Pro.

    When I try and open an existing project that I had been working on in
    Nero Vision Express I get this funny error message:

    "Nero Vision has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry
    for the inconvenience"

    Error signature:
    AppName: nerovision.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.25 ModName: amcuibase.dll
    ModVer: 3.1.0.25 Offset: 00038e14

    I was using version 6.6.1.15a of the burning software and version
    3.1.0.25 of Nero Vision Express.

    I then thought that perhaps if I drop back to an earlier version it
    might improve.

    I uninstalled Nero and used the Nero 6 Clean Tool.

    I used ccleaner to clean the computer and any issues there may have
    been with the registry.

    I then installed version 6.6.0.18 of the burning software and 3.1.0.21
    of Nero Vision Express.

    I go back into Nero Vision Express, again try to open the saved
    project up and it comes up with the same error message again.

    "Nero Vision has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry
    for the inconvenience"

    Error signature:
    AppName: nerovision.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.21 ModName: amcuibase.dll
    ModVer: 3.1.0.21 Offset: 00038fb4

    I also thought that it may be a conflicting background program that
    was running at the same time, but if I terminate a lot of background
    programs and then try I still have the same error message.

    I have read a lot of messages on the internet on different forums and
    many people also have this same problem, and most of the messages I
    have read on the internet relate to Nero version 7, and they are all
    saying to drop back to version 6 because it is more stable and less
    buggy. This is not what I have experienced as it is version 6 I have
    had the problems with.

    I think if Nero can't sort out these error problems that a lot of
    people are experiencing with the software, their company could be in
    serious trouble in the future. I think the Nero package has got too
    big and bulky and is not very stable any more which is a shame. Unless
    Nero addresses these problems I think that a lot of people are just
    going to jump ship to different burning and authoring software.

    The times I have used Nero and it has worked, I have found the Nero
    Vision Express to be extremely slow at encoding a project so you can
    burn to DVD. It often takes several hours to encode the project.

    Anyone else in this group using Nero Vision Express and the Nero
    Burning Rom without any problems?

    I have emailed Nero technical support about this error message so I am
    hoping they can tell me what the problem is. If not then I am going to
    be looking for an alternative authoring and burning program asap. I
    don't think there's going to be much chance of me upgrading to Nero 7.

    Cheers

    John
    John, Aug 13, 2007