    is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn at.
    I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
    results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks! :)

    letmethink, Oct 12, 2003

  2. letmethink

    Brian H¹© Guest

    letmethink said:

    > I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
    > installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
    > says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
    > is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn at.
    > I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
    > results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks! :)

    If you are burning to a file format (audio or video) it can take upto an hour to
    convert the file(s) before starting the burn process.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003

  3. letmethink

    letmethink Guest

    I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
    approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
    burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
    technics.

    letmethink, Oct 12, 2003
  4. letmethink

    Brian H¹© Guest

    letmethink said:

    > I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
    > approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
    > burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
    > technics.

    You may still have to wait for the process to complete, have you got the "verify
    data after burning" option ticked?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003
  5. letmethink

    letmethink Guest

    I went through the simplied version of Nero and went through the steps to
    create a mp3 cd. I can choose the cd burner that I want to use, and I can
    choose what to name the cd, but I can not change the speed or how many
    copies, or the verify data on cd when finished. Those selections are blacked
    out and does not give me a place to make selections on those. Sounds like
    some of the program is missing or something. I went and tried to put in the
    serial numbers thinking that maybe without registering it that it wouldnt
    give you all the options, but then the ok button is blacked out and i can
    only cancel once i type in the serial number. I think this is strange. I
    also have an external burner on another pc of the same brand, using same
    Nero, and getting same results. It has to be something simple. Thanks for
    your help! :) - Shell

    letmethink, Oct 12, 2003
  6. letmethink

    Brian H¹© Guest

    letmethink said:

    > I went through the simplied version of Nero and went through the steps to
    > create a mp3 cd. I can choose the cd burner that I want to use, and I can
    > choose what to name the cd, but I can not change the speed or how many
    > copies, or the verify data on cd when finished. Those selections are blacked
    > out and does not give me a place to make selections on those. Sounds like
    > some of the program is missing or something. I went and tried to put in the
    > serial numbers thinking that maybe without registering it that it wouldnt
    > give you all the options, but then the ok button is blacked out and i can
    > only cancel once i type in the serial number. I think this is strange. I
    > also have an external burner on another pc of the same brand, using same
    > Nero, and getting same results. It has to be something simple. Thanks for
    > your help! :) - Shell

    The speed is determined by the software according to the capabilities of the
    disc, an in fact it is better to burn at a slower speed to avoid errors.

    Have you been to neros web site to upgrade your software?
    Help | Ahead on the web

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003
  7. letmethink

    letmethink Guest

    Well, the site has information on version 5.5 and version 6, and I have
    version 5. I emailed tech support and see where that goes. Thanks Brian for
    you help.

    letmethink, Oct 12, 2003
  8. letmethink

    Brian H¹© Guest

    letmethink said:

    > Well, the site has information on version 5.5 and version 6, and I have
    > version 5. I emailed tech support and see where that goes. Thanks Brian for
    > you help.

    The upgrades are free for ver 5 go to the downloads page.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003
  9. letmethink

    letmethink Guest

    Thanks!!!! :)

    letmethink, Oct 12, 2003
  10. letmethink

    jeroen Guest

    In article <wR1ib.19197$>, 123
    @catsdomain.com says...
    > I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
    > approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
    > burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
    > technics.

    Did you select your burner as the recorder or the image recorder?

    also, posting info like nero version and burner model does help.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Oct 12, 2003
  11. letmethink

    lee Guest

    Is your burner configured as a primary slave. (do it if not)

    lee, Oct 12, 2003
  12. letmethink

    Brian H¹© Guest

    lee said:

    > Is your burner configured as a primary slave. (do it if not)

    And your reason for that would be?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003
  13. Howdy!

    > I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
    > installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
    > says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
    > is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn

    at.
    > I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
    > results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks!

    :)

    One thing to keep in mind - in the full Nero, when you click on the
    burn icon, if you THEN select the "Burn" tab, is "Write" checked?

    I had one customer that had "Simulation" checked (which goes through
    the motions), but not "Write" (which doesn't write, if not checked.)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 12, 2003
  14. letmethink wrote:
    > I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
    > approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
    > burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
    > technics.

    Can I ask how you know that it hasn't done it correctly, ie have you tried
    in various different stereos etc, as they don't all play burned CD's. Are
    you sure that you have chosen the right option and not burned them as MP3
    format and trying to play in a normal stereo.

    I do not mean this to sound patronising but it can all be very confusing
    when you first start out, especially if no one mentioned that all burned
    Cd's don't play in all types of systems.

    miffysmate :-\)\), Oct 12, 2003
  15. letmethink

    jeroen Guest

    In article <bmb50f$s2e$>,
    says...

    > Is your burner configured as a primary slave. (do it if not)

    But only if new moon starts on a thursday.

    Really, what's the point?

    jeroen, Oct 12, 2003
  16. letmethink

    Chris Bird Guest

    I haven't had the same problem but I've had lots of other problems with
    Nero, if you decide to use another program let me know what you go to.
    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Bird, Oct 12, 2003
  17. letmethink

    Mike H Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:26:09 -0400, "Chris Bird"
    <> wrote:

    >I haven't had the same problem but I've had lots of other problems with
    >Nero, if you decide to use another program let me know what you go to.
    >Thanks,
    >Chris
    >

    >"letmethink" <> wrote in message
    >> I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
    >> installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
    >> says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
    >> is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn

    >at.
    >> I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
    >> results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks!

    >:)

    I use Nero - it is actually my favorite.
    Depends on what you want to burn. Lots of good software out there.
    Feurio - Good for Music
    Adaptec is good for everything, so is Nero.
    Blindwrite Suite is good for images. Making and burning.
    Another you might want to try is CDRWin

    Personal favorites are Nero and Adaptec as I have never had problems
    with them.
    Life is like a box of chocolates. If you leave it in the sun it will melt

    Mike H, Oct 24, 2003