    Radeon 9800XT Video
    2 SATA 120 Gig Hdd
    1 250gig ATA100 hdd

    JR, Jun 12, 2005

  2. JR

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:53:28 -0500, JR wrote:

    >I am attempting to burn 2 dvds at 4x at the same time on different
    >burners using nero. It works fine until about 50% and then the buffer
    >starts emptying out and the computer starts slowing way down.
    >According to the task manager I am only using between 5 and 10 % of my
    >processor have 517000k ram free. So what would be the problem?

    It's not an issue not saying what version of Nero?

    You could try www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 23,100 English pages for

    nero buffer burn multiple drives

    (0.24 seconds)

    <snip list of kit> , missing from the list was maybe something about the
    DVD burners like buffer sizes on the device and if they have under run
    protection, if the media is recognised okay.

    1 drive x4 the other x2 at the same time of both at x2.

    Maybe even if they are on different IDE channels and where the file
    source is on the same or different channel(s).

    Me

    why?, Jun 12, 2005

  3. JR

    JR Guest

    one drive is capable of 8x and the other 16x. the buffer on one is 4
    and the other 8. They both have buffer underrun protection but I want
    to know why it is emptying the buffer. Buffer size is irrelavent if
    the computer can keep up with the speed of burning. They are on
    separate ide cables and my computer should be fast enough to handle
    ten burners. Epecially consdiering it is only using 3 % of my
    processor and not even half my ram. And the media is recognized just
    fine. and file source is on separte channels. the sources were from
    different SATA drives. And i am using the newest version of nero.

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:48:24 GMT, why?

    JR, Jun 12, 2005
  4. JR

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:27:21 -0500, JR wrote:

    If you had read the 1st link for the earlier Google search posted, you
    may have seen an answer a while ago.

    Check the many cd / dvd forums your question isn't that uncommon.

    >one drive is capable of 8x and the other 16x. the buffer on one is 4
    >and the other 8. They both have buffer underrun protection but I want
    >to know why it is emptying the buffer. Buffer size is irrelavent if
    >the computer can keep up with the speed of burning. They are on

    Some things for you to think about, I don't need any answers.

    If the computer can't keep up then what? How do you know it is / isn't?

    Did you try a simulated burn?

    Is on the fly , on or of, does it make a difference?

    Have you tried (I seem to recall ) the Nero speed test to look at burn
    speeds / cpu use?

    IDE throughput issues, any AV running at the same time?

    >separate ide cables and my computer should be fast enough to handle

    Yes, but is it different controllers? IDE 0/1 may be the same controller
    , while other systems have IDE 3/4 as well.

    Have you tried an IDE add-on card, so you have a different controller?

    Don't forget SATA to IDE is a cross interface issue as well, unlike IDE
    0/0 or 1/1 for source or destination.

    >ten burners. Epecially consdiering it is only using 3 % of my

    That's one way of looking at it, but it's not working with 2.

    >processor and not even half my ram. And the media is recognized just

    So what about the system RAM , if DMA is working as it should ( do some
    reading http://www.computerhope.com/help/ide.htm ) .

    >fine. and file source is on separte channels. the sources were from
    >different SATA drives. And i am using the newest version of nero.

    DMA settings, http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/dma.htm

    Didn't see mention of which OS, so try something like

    www.google.com and search for enable dma for <insert OS version>

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 61,300 English pages for

    enable dma windows xp home

    (0.23 seconds)

    So that will be version 6.6.0.13 then.

    Maybe another app like Alcohol 120% handles this better.

    >On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:48:24 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:53:28 -0500, JR wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am attempting to burn 2 dvds at 4x at the same time on different
    >>>burners using nero. It works fine until about 50% and then the buffer
    >>>starts emptying out and the computer starts slowing way down.
    >>>According to the task manager I am only using between 5 and 10 % of my
    >>>processor have 517000k ram free. So what would be the problem?

    >>It's not an issue not saying what version of Nero?
    >>
    >>You could try www.google.com
    >>Web Results 1 - 10 of about 23,100 English pages for
    >>
    >>nero buffer burn multiple drives
    >>
    >>(0.24 seconds)
    >>
    >><snip list of kit> , missing from the list was maybe something about the

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jun 12, 2005