    avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
    readable on all dvd readers.

    Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?
    David, May 30, 2006

  2. David

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:10:25 -0700, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
    >readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
    >avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
    >readable on all dvd readers.
    >
    >Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

    By "readers", do you mean set-top players?
    If so, this is normal; most players won't recognize just the files.
    The DVD needs to be burned as a video DVD, which evidently you've been
    doing in the past.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, May 30, 2006

  3. David

    bmoag Guest

    Alas, it is a sad fact that many data DVD burns are incorrect and readable
    only by the burner that created the disc.
    bmoag, May 30, 2006
  4. David

    Marvin Guest

    David wrote:
    > Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
    > readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
    > avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
    > readable on all dvd readers.
    >
    > Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

    DVDs come in +R and -R formats. Not all drives can read
    both formats.
    Marvin, May 30, 2006
  5. David

    Matt Ion Guest

    David wrote:
    > Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
    > readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
    > avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
    > readable on all dvd readers.
    >
    > Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

    A lot of other half-baked answers... let's put them all together.

    What are you trying to read the disc on? Home-theater DVD player?
    Another PC?

    What type of discs are you using? DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW? Does the
    playback machine support that disc type?

    ---
    THIS TAG ADDED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF
    PISSING OFF THE SELF-APPOINTED
    USENET POLICE. EAT MY SHORTS, PIGS!

    Virus Database (VPS): 0622-1, 05/29/2006
    Tested on: 5/30/2006 6:39:46 PM
    Matt Ion, May 31, 2006
  6. David

    David Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > David wrote:
    >> Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds
    >> be readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files
    >> (jpg, mov, avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds
    >> are not readable on all dvd readers.
    >>
    >> Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

    > A lot of other half-baked answers... let's put them all together.
    >
    > What are you trying to read the disc on? Home-theater DVD player? Another
    > PC?
    >
    > What type of discs are you using? DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW? Does the playback
    > machine support that disc type?

    OK, thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify my situation.

    My PC has a Toshiba double layer dvd burner. It also has a dvd reader. I
    use Nero, and I have DVD +R disks. Using this configuration, I burned some
    dvds a few months ago and the disks I burned are readable in all (PC) drives
    that I have used.

    I burn my dvds (as well as my CDs) with Nero's Data Disk "wizard". CDs that
    I burn are readable on all PC drives.

    I tried burning some dvds over the weekend and I see that I am unable to
    read the finshed dvds on my reader dvd drive. I am able to read them on
    drive that burned them. I brought the dvd to my office, where I have four
    computers, and 3 of the 4 machines are unable to read the dvds I burned over
    the weekend.

    I guess I should try uninstalling and re-installing NEro. But if any of
    this sounds familiar, and you know what I am doing wrong, I will try all
    suggestions.
    Thanks.
    David
    David, May 31, 2006
  7. David

    SimonLW Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds
    > be readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg,
    > mov, avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are
    > not readable on all dvd readers.
    >
    > Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

    For some players to read from a disk burned in another, you may have to
    close the session. Closing the session prevents you from writing to that
    disk anymore but makes it compatible.
    -S
    SimonLW, May 31, 2006
  8. It's DVD-R and DVD+R incompatibility and has caused me many headaches.
    The blue lazer DVDs will be worse I expect.
    Gene

    Gene F. Rhodes, May 31, 2006
  9. David

    David Guest

    Well, everything works again. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled it. The
    dvds that I burn now are readable on both my dvd burner and my dvd reader
    drive. The dvds that I burned prior to the uninstall/reinstal are still not
    readable on my dvd reader drive. Beats the heck out of me what happened
    here. I spent a lot of time working this out.

    David, Jun 1, 2006