Nero backitup truncated file names

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cubzilla, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Cubzilla

    Cubzilla Guest

    Hiya all

    Did a Nero 6 backit up of my XP system disk before rebuilding it, came to
    resore some of the file only to be told by backitup that

    Some of the folders/files cannot be restored because they will have long
    folder/file paths on the target location,
    Possible cause:
    -The folder selected as restore target has a long path
    - Backup was created on a different operating system that had long file name
    support

    Backup seems to produce 2 files

    1) a folder with a date and time coded title 20041112_095644_name

    2) what seems to be an info file for backitup to use

    if i drill down into the folder and find a truncated file i can right click
    I can do a Nero backit restore the file is recovered in full ie with the
    extended file name to my new built disk.

    I can I get Nero backit to restore and ignore the truncated file error
    message ?

    Regard Cub

    Cubzilla, Dec 17, 2004