    Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    Nero for this Plug in.

    Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 10, 2005

  2. BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn said the following on 10/03/2005 9:42 p.m.:

    > A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD and it
    > stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >
    > Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    > Nero for this Plug in.
    >
    > Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?

    He has the bundled version and to burn SVCDs it needs the mpeg plugin,
    can be purchased from the Ahead site or gotten from most of the warez sites.

    Its not a plugin with a full retail version its built in.

    What version of nero does he have?

    There are other ways such as some of the OS (win32 and linux) programs
    which can handle it and just use nero as a burning program.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Mar 10, 2005

  3. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:02:15 +1300, Collector»NZ <>
    wrote:

    >BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn said the following on 10/03/2005 9:42 p.m.:
    >>
    >> A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD and it
    >> stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >>
    >> Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    >> Nero for this Plug in.
    >>
    >> Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?
    >>

    >He has the bundled version and to burn SVCDs it needs the mpeg plugin,
    >can be purchased from the Ahead site or gotten from most of the warez sites.
    >
    >Its not a plugin with a full retail version its built in.
    >
    >What version of nero does he have?

    Don't really know, but I think its a Bundled version..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 10, 2005
  4. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    In article <>, BILL
    bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn says...

    > A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD and it
    > stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >
    > Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    > Nero for this Plug in.
    >
    > Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?

    the plugin is to convert the avi into the encoeded Mpeg for Svcd
    if you just give it the Mpeg in the right format with the right sound
    frequencys then it will not give you this mesage

    Adder, Mar 10, 2005
  5. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn said the following on 10/03/2005 9:42 p.m.:
    > >
    > > A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD and it
    > > stated that it needed a Plug in..
    > >
    > > Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    > > Nero for this Plug in.
    > >
    > > Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?
    > >

    > He has the bundled version and to burn SVCDs it needs the mpeg plugin,
    > can be purchased from the Ahead site or gotten from most of the warez sites.

    no the plugin is a nero specal feature than turns an Avi file into the
    right encoded Mpeg format

    if you just give it the Mpge yyou will not be asked for the plugin

    Adder, Mar 10, 2005
  6. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:36:26 +1300, Adder <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn said the following on 10/03/2005 9:42 p.m.:
    >> >
    >> > A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD and it
    >> > stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >> >
    >> > Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    >> > Nero for this Plug in.
    >> >
    >> > Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?
    >> >

    >> He has the bundled version and to burn SVCDs it needs the mpeg plugin,
    >> can be purchased from the Ahead site or gotten from most of the warez sites.

    >no the plugin is a nero specal feature than turns an Avi file into the
    >right encoded Mpeg format
    >
    >if you just give it the Mpge yyou will not be asked for the plugin

    Funny after doing a Google search found a Free one..

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Nero-Mega-Plugin-Pack.shtml

    I found other comments on using generic ones with Nero, like the Kazaa
    ones..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 10, 2005
  7. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    XPD Guest

    <BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message

    > A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD

    and it
    > stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >
    > Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    > Nero for this Plug in.
    >
    > Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?

    Yeah theres a specific plugin for Nero to handle MPG-2 files (SVCD ec)
    Its licensed so youre suppose to pay for it.......

    XPD, Mar 10, 2005
  8. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Try AVI2SVCD from http://www.doom9.org?
    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 10, 2005
  9. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Robert Cooze Guest

    XPD wrote:

    > <BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    >

    >>A friend has a copy that came with his Burner, he tried to burn a SVCD

    > and it
    >
    >>stated that it needed a Plug in..
    >>
    >>Is this because he has the Bundled version, ? as I can't find any thing on
    >>Nero for this Plug in.
    >>
    >>Or does he use any SVCD Codec..?
    >>

    > Yeah theres a specific plugin for Nero to handle MPG-2 files (SVCD ec)
    > Its licensed so youre suppose to pay for it.......

    Some time ago I was using Nero It would not make SVCD's full Stop.
    currently with my newish burner It will make SVCD's but you have to the
    encoding first with somting like TMPGEnc.

    Robert Cooze, Mar 11, 2005