    Please help.

    Thanks in advance.

    Peter Ingelse

    Peter Ingelse, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Peter Ingelse

    bmoag Guest

    A single sided DVD holds 4.7gbs of data.
    A dual layer DVD is often corrupted and unreadable.
    See if you can run your DVD recording program's scan disc to try to retrieve
    any data.
    Otherwise you are SOL.

    bmoag, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Peter Ingelse

    Willah Guest

    Exactly right. I'm surprised it even allowed you to burn 7GB when it
    tops out at 4.7GB on standard DVD. Now if you were burning onto DL
    media then we have a different issue entirely...?

    If you were burning onto DL media which would have enough capacity, try
    burning your discs at 1x speed, or the slowest available. Also, use
    some higher quality media if you're using the dollar store garbage
    brands. Also, make sure you're burning it as a data disc.

    Willah, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Willah and Bmoag,

    Thank you very much. I am really not an expert, so I don't know what DL is.
    Could you pleas explain? Is it always better to burn on slwest speed?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Ingelse, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Sorry, I'm stupid as well: I realise that DL = double layer!

    Peter Ingelse, Dec 11, 2005