    provide for SUPPORT from NERO as I've emailed them a couple times and
    received no help. Considering NERO's cost is in the price of the
    burner, they should support it.
    RichA, Mar 12, 2005

  2. RichA

    Justin Guest

    RichA wrote on [Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:38:43 -0500]:
    > First, it requires you have a DVD burner on your computer in order to
    > allow it to convert files to DVD. Otherwise, it only offers you video
    > and S-video CD production capability. Why can't I just "save the
    > project" and not have to burn it??? I process on one computer,
    > transfer and burn on another. Second, chapter creation does not work
    > properly. On both my systems, it will detect and produce the chapters
    > but freezes up when you try to finish the process. Then you have to
    > use "task manager" in Windows to shut the stupid program down.
    > Also, I received NERO with my burner but apparently that doesn't
    > provide for SUPPORT from NERO as I've emailed them a couple times and
    > received no help. Considering NERO's cost is in the price of the
    > burner, they should support it.

    No, the manufacturer has that responsibility.
    Justin, Mar 12, 2005

  3. RichA

    Alpha Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > RichA wrote on [Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:38:43 -0500]:
    >> First, it requires you have a DVD burner on your computer in order to
    >> allow it to convert files to DVD. Otherwise, it only offers you video
    >> and S-video CD production capability. Why can't I just "save the
    >> project" and not have to burn it??? I process on one computer,
    >> transfer and burn on another. Second, chapter creation does not work
    >> properly. On both my systems, it will detect and produce the chapters
    >> but freezes up when you try to finish the process. Then you have to
    >> use "task manager" in Windows to shut the stupid program down.
    >> Also, I received NERO with my burner but apparently that doesn't
    >> provide for SUPPORT from NERO as I've emailed them a couple times and
    >> received no help. Considering NERO's cost is in the price of the
    >> burner, they should support it.

    > No, the manufacturer has that responsibility.

    I agree about your first point. I have had many times that I wanted to
    create a DVD image to a hard drive, and the program will not provide, in
    Express, DVD mastering functions without a DVD drive on the machine.

    As to the other point, that is OEM. Their support is terrible, anyway (I
    own multiple copies, and since they turned commercial in the US, they don't
    answer anything).
    Alpha, Mar 12, 2005
  4. RichA

    Netmask Guest

    Why don't you use a free program that doesn't give a shit if you have a DVD
    burner or not like VSO DivXtoDVD, badly named as it converts AVI files and
    MPEG files to standard DVD format on your hard disc. It's quick and
    efficient - currently it's free
    " ยป Last Free Version of DivxToDVD and a new PhotoDVD !
    4st of March, 2005
    DivxToDVD 0.5 is the last free version we plan to do, to implement the new
    features such subtitles, menu creation and output options ( bitrate etc.. )
    we need to define a new interface. the new version will include also a
    burning engine. This development will take a while maybe 2 months at least.

    The new PhotoDVD introduces some new features to tune the animation ( hot
    spots ) and project management.

    DivxToDVD 0.5.0, list of changes here.
    PhotoDVD 1.0.5, list of changes here.

    Software Publisher's Description

    DivxToDVD converts your movie files from a wide range of formats (AVI, XVID,
    MPEG, and DIVX) to compliant DVD structures (VOB and IFO). You can then burn
    them with CopyToDVD and watch the movie via a DVD Player.

    Version 0.5 includes a new engine with more formats supported.

    Netmask, Mar 12, 2005