    hung, drawn, and quartered.

    Imagine if nero was sold in the US for $us170. Noone in their right
    mind would buy it.

    Sir To You, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Sir To You

    thingy Guest

    Sir To You wrote:
    > Just bought nero 8 from the us website for around $80 aud. I was
    > redirected to an aussie website, which increased the price by about
    > $10 bucks but still cheaper than the $225 that kiwi stores are
    > asking.
    >
    > Why the huge NZ price premium? Bloody hell. The importers need to be
    > hung, drawn, and quartered.
    >
    > Imagine if nero was sold in the US for $us170. Noone in their right
    > mind would buy it.

    Try downloading Protools, download it for, $75US v $200NZ...depending on
    the web site...

    So $75US/0.7=$107NZ...not even sure the NZ download is actually off a NZ
    site, suspect its a US one in both cases....either way its the same
    software.

    Parallels....$170NZ for old software or $80US for the new one....at
    least I can download a trial and then buy the key though....unlike Protools.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 22, 2008

  3. Sir To You

    neutrino Guest

    On Jan 22, 12:29 pm, Sir To You <> wrote:
    > Just bought nero 8 from the us website for around $80 aud.  I was
    > redirected to an aussie website, which increased the price by about
    > $10 bucks but still cheaper than the $225 that kiwi stores are
    > asking.
    >
    > Why the huge NZ price premium? Bloody hell. The importers need to be
    > hung, drawn, and quartered.
    >
    > Imagine if nero was sold in the US for $us170.  Noone in their right
    > mind would buy it.

    A personal view,
    I prefer Ashampoo Burning Studio, wonder how it compares to Nero,
    which I'v generally found not so user-friendly.
    tho' - appologies.. saying this after you'v already purchased is
    probly not the best thing.

    neutrino, Jan 22, 2008
  4. Sir To You

    Sir To You Guest

    On Jan 22, 10:26 pm, neutrino <> wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 12:29 pm, Sir To You <> wrote:
    >
    > > Just bought nero 8 from the us website for around $80 aud.  I was
    > > redirected to an aussie website, which increased the price by about
    > > $10 bucks but still cheaper than the $225 that kiwi stores are
    > > asking.

    > > Why the huge NZ price premium? Bloody hell. The importers need to be
    > > hung, drawn, and quartered.

    > > Imagine if nero was sold in the US for $us170.  Noone in their right
    > > mind would buy it.

    > A personal view,
    > I prefer Ashampoo Burning Studio,  wonder how it compares to Nero,
    > which I'v generally found not so user-friendly.
    > tho' - appologies.. saying this after you'v already purchased is
    > probly not the best thing.

    Ha ha, I should demand my money back.

    Nero is more than just a burning tool, not sure about ashampoo.

    Sir To You, Jan 22, 2008
  5. Sir To You

    geoff Guest

    Sir To You wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 10:26 pm, neutrino <> wrote:

    > Nero is more than just a burning tool, not sure about ashampoo.

    Yeah, more than a burning tool for sure, it's a hodge-podge of applets that
    keep on popping up news ones and reverting to previous ones. A mess. Much
    Germanic software seems like this - must be a particular thought-process, or
    something.

    geoff

    geoff, Jan 22, 2008
  6. Sir To You

    Sir To You Guest

    On Jan 23, 11:17 am, "geoff" <> wrote:
    > Sir To You wrote:
    > > On Jan 22, 10:26 pm, neutrino <> wrote:

    > > Nero is more than just a burning tool, not sure about ashampoo.

    > Yeah, more than a burning tool for sure, it's a hodge-podge of applets that
    > keep on popping up news ones and reverting to previous ones. A mess. Much
    > Germanic software seems like this - must be a particular thought-process, or
    > something.
    >
    > geoff

    i particularly find recode useful. Although, would be nice if they had
    an xbox or ps3 profile.

    Sir To You, Jan 24, 2008
  7. Sir To You

    ofn01 Guest

    "neutrino" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 22, 12:29 pm, Sir To You <> wrote:
    > Just bought nero 8 from the us website for around $80 aud. I was
    > redirected to an aussie website, which increased the price by about
    > $10 bucks but still cheaper than the $225 that kiwi stores are
    > asking.
    >
    > Why the huge NZ price premium? Bloody hell. The importers need to be
    > hung, drawn, and quartered.
    >
    > Imagine if nero was sold in the US for $us170. Noone in their right
    > mind would buy it.

    A personal view,
    I prefer Ashampoo Burning Studio, wonder how it compares to Nero,
    which I'v generally found not so user-friendly.
    tho' - appologies.. saying this after you'v already purchased is
    probly not the best thing.

    ----------

    I am interested in getting burning software as the inbuilt vista dvd burning
    functionality is too slow.

    From what I've read about Nero it seems to plaster itself all over the place
    which is a bit annoying.

    Might have a look at Ashampoo - does it just stick to what it does well in
    terms of burning or does it try to integrate itself into everything?

    ofn01, Jan 25, 2008
  8. Sir To You

    Dave N Guest

    I agree about Recode being useful - I believe it's an advanced version of
    good-ol' DVDShrink.

    Dave N, Jan 26, 2008
  9. Sir To You

    geoff Guest

    ofn01 wrote:

    > I am interested in getting burning software as the inbuilt vista dvd
    > burning functionality is too slow.

    Surely CD / DVD burning speed is limited mainly by the drive speed ? Unless
    Vista is soooo slow - but that will affect whatever other application the
    same...

    geoff

    geoff, Jan 27, 2008
  10. Sir To You

    ofn01 Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > ofn01 wrote:
    >
    >> I am interested in getting burning software as the inbuilt vista dvd
    >> burning functionality is too slow.

    > Surely CD / DVD burning speed is limited mainly by the drive speed ?
    > Unless Vista is soooo slow - but that will affect whatever other
    > application the same...
    >
    > geoff

    It should be dictated by the burner but there are loads of threads out there
    about vistas crazy dvd burning speed and ive experienced it first hand.

    I have the trial copy of ashampoo burning studio installed now and all seems
    well.

    ofn01, Jan 30, 2008